Does anyone still wear their 2 year old often? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 12-17-2008, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedy444 View Post
My 4 yo asked to be carried while I vacuumed the other day. She can squeeze into the hotslings but the ergo is much more comfortable. That is what I usually put her in.
oh, that reminds me that my almost 4 yr old still loves to be in a carrier. He begs to have a turn when the youngest is done. By then I'm usually ready to not have a kid on me but every once in a while I let him. I like to wrap him or put him in the toddlerhawk... but I can't carry him for too long without my legs getting tired.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#32 of 38 Old 12-20-2008, 01:52 PM

I still wear my 34 month old pretty often. He even still rides on my front in the Ergo or Beco to nurse. It's sad, though, that that's about to end; he's getting too heavy and tall for the front. Although he doesn't ride on my back every day, he still rides a few times a week. He's only 27 pounds, though, so he's still pretty light. He will even ride with my Kindercoat over him still, too.

Leslie, mom to John :, 02/25/06
::::
#33 of 38 Old 12-21-2008, 06:40 PM

me too, he hardly ever lets me wear him anymore.

my toy shop on etsy.com: wooden baby keys, natural bathtub toys, wooden animals, little kitchens, waldorf dolls...also check out my blog about saving money, creating things, and natural living
#34 of 38 Old 12-21-2008, 07:48 PM

I did until my pregnancy made it too uncomfortable when she was about 25 months old. My DH still does as much as she'll allow him but that is getting to be rare these days - she's much too excited about walking/riding in carts/carrying her own "babies" (her dolls)/etc.

I imagine I will begin carrying her a lot when we are out and about again after the new babe is born. Although I am thinking of finally getting a stroller, which we've never had before, if she is still not willing to be carried, since she's fascinated by those.

T , mom to S and C
#35 of 38 Old 12-22-2008, 12:21 PM

Yup- mine's 3 today and still loves me to wrap her going down for a nap, or when she wakes up and is a bit grumpy. I'm due with number 2 next Sunday, so I figure I better wear her solo while I can, cause I'm going to be adding another 7-10lbs in a few days! I do only wear her on my back, as it is a bit uncomfortably to wear her over the bump
in my opinion, it's all about a comfy carrier used in a supportive carry.
#36 of 38 Old 12-23-2008, 04:16 PM

My daughter is almost two and I still wear her a couple of hours a day: wearing her down to sleep; when we go out and about to get somewhere (though DD also loves a buggy ride or a ride in the shopping cart) and in the evening when she gets fussy but I'm working on dinner.
#37 of 38 Old 12-23-2008, 04:19 PM

I still wear my 3.5yo (and dad does too)! DS is TINY though and can't walk on his own anyway so its either that or sticking him in the cart, which he doesn't tolerate for long. I let him use his walker in the store sometimes, but he won't follow me and doesn't listen and tries to wander off to look at what he wants to look at.

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

#38 of 38 Old 12-27-2008, 10:49 PM

I use the Ergo when we are out sometimes and also around the house. I was just packing up my old Bjorn and OTSBH for my pregnant sister, and hen dd spotted them, she got upset. She wanted to ride in the Bjorn, so I put her in for a minute just for fun and she fit! It killed my back, though! But then she wanted the sling and kept saying "let's keep this one here, mama, okay?" DH and I have both been wearing her in it around the house today. Of course she's so attached to it! We used it all the time when she was littler. I feel bad that I told my sister she could have it and dd won't let it leave the house, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page