Calyx baby carrier - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You might have better luck asking someone from the Babywearer site...the mamas there are experts!

www.thebabywearer.com
#2 of 5 Old 01-11-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEJJ View Post
Has anyone tried this carrier? how is it for older children? the padding looks good to me and the baby looks safe. But I'd like to know how it went with someone who used it.
We have one and love it. It's my DH's carrier and I haven't tried it because it's the standard size and I'd need petite, plus he didn't want me messing with it once he got it adjusted perfectly for him.

It's SO easy to use for back carries, which is why we got it. DH didn't have a lot of confidence or patience to learn, and this was great - after three quick tries with me spotting, he could do it totally alone.

He says it's still comfy now at 20 months (dd is small though, only 19 pounds), and others at TBW give it rave reviews for comfort.
#3 of 5 Old 01-11-2009, 05:42 PM

We use our two Calyxes all the time! It's a wonderful carrier and very safe if you use it correctly.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#4 of 5 Old 05-05-2009, 01:27 PM

I use mine all the time (baby is 5 months old). It is extremely comfortable (and pretty!)and I can wear it for hours... often I almost "forget" I'm wearing it because it's just so comfy. I used pouches and ring slings before but always had problems with my shoulders/ neck and couldn't wear them for too long. The Calyx is PERFECT.
#5 of 5 Old 08-20-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Named Sandoz View Post
I use mine all the time (baby is 5 months old). It is extremely comfortable (and pretty!)and I can wear it for hours... often I almost "forget" I'm wearing it because it's just so comfy. I used pouches and ring slings before but always had problems with my shoulders/ neck and couldn't wear them for too long. The Calyx is PERFECT.
agreed! i've been using mine almost since the NB stage, even though MBD recommends not using with babies younger than 4 months. i know that you can frog babies in other SSC or position them almost in a cradle hold, as if in a pouch, and i did so safely with this carrier. now my son is almost 5 months old and weighs about 17 or 18 pounds. it's awesome! it's super quick to get on, beyond comfortable (no pressure points) and it's really flattering...no mama-flab sticking out. between all the carriers i tried when my three and a half year old was born, and the new baby, there have been more than 45 brands in my home and this is, hands down, my favorite. i wish i'd had one when my toddler was a baby!

this time i decided to keep things simple so i sprung for a new calyx after reading all the great reviews and aside from a new GM bali strech wrap, it was the only carrier i bought for the new baby and at this point, it's the only one i've kept. i have yet to test it out with my 34 pound toddler but i'm sure it's comfortable enough. i also have back and hip problems and wouldn't wear him at this point, though i was wearing him when he was 30 lbs and 2 years old and i suspect i'll carry the new baby that long, too - and in the calyx, it won't be a chore!

blessed mama to three boys
z, 14 a, 4 and baby e

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page