Options babywearing at the office! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2009, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I will be going back to work after about 6 weeks off after my first baby arrives. I may need to bring my baby at times. What would be the best thing to get for an office job for a few hours if I needed? Mostly computer work, sitting, standing, phones, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 02:23 PM

I hear wraps are easy to get a baby in and out of, and they can nurse while in it, and are comfy if you have to walk a lot.

Ring slings are easier to use.

Chose something baby can easily nap in, if you won't be bringing in a pack n play or anything.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:52 PM

I loved a stretchy wrap for the first few months - I had a Moby, but I hear Gypsy Mama Bali Baby Stretch is better (less stretchy, so it lasts longer). I think wraps are nice because they're good to nurse in (good coverage), and because they distribute the weight over both shoulders, so it's comfy for long wearing.

Another good option is a mei tai like Babyhawk, Freehand, Kozy, Sachi, BBO. Those also distribute the weight really well. IMO they are easier to get on and off than a wrap but are harder to nurse in.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:55 PM

Stretchy wraps are nice, any wraps are good. Slings require front carries which is a pain when typing. I did back wraps with my baby from six weeks to three months in an office job.

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:09 AM

I would definitely vote for a mei tai or a wrap. Something that gets baby centered on your front (or even your back) so you have both hands free for typing, phones, writing, etc. My personal pick would be a large-bodied mei tai because I like them better for high back carries for young babies as the learning curve isn't quite as steep as it is for non-stretchy wraps. (Stretchy wraps are great for little babies for front carries but aren't appropriate for back carries, and I like the versatility of MTs).

I wouldn't do a sling or pouch simply because you don't get both hands free, and it's harder to get office work done.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 01-16-2009, 03:27 AM

I work with ds in my kozy and it works well.

-Angela

User Tag List