Do You .... ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 01-31-2009, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you coordinate your clothes and your baby carrier?

Do you coordinate your child's clothes with your carrier?

Julie - Mom to Elizabeth (Libby) age 6, Penelope (Penny) age 5, Elliott age 29 months, and Oscar who is 1 year old!
#2 of 24 Old 01-31-2009, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetMC View Post
Do you coordinate your clothes and your baby carrier?

Do you coordinate your child's clothes with your carrier?
Um,yes! Me yes them,no.

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#3 of 24 Old 01-31-2009, 03:08 AM

No. Weird.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#4 of 24 Old 01-31-2009, 07:14 PM

i don't think that's weird at all. and i'm not a 'coordinate your outfit' kinda gal. i certainly don't worry about it if i'm just puttering around at home, whatever's handy. but if we're going out someplace and i know i'm going to be wearing a kid most of the time we're out, i don't want to horribly clash, nor do i want to wear an outfit that's going to look awful with a carrier on (like, say, a loose, flowing dress and a SSC). so if i really want to wear the dress, i'm more likely to grab a ring sling or a wrap. if i really want to wear the SSC, i'm more likely to pick pants and a fitted t-shirt. i do want babywearing to look good, too, so people will want to do it... kwim? so i'm more likely to pick a cute carrier like my babyhawk or angelpack or a pretty ring sling.

now, the baby's outfit... i don't think about it too much. after all, you're not going to see much of it with the baby in the carrier. but i tend to have very neutral carriers (blacks, browns, tans, a little light blue/turquoise thrown in) and most of my clothes are pretty neutral too, so it's not really very hard to be matchy-matchy
#5 of 24 Old 01-31-2009, 07:17 PM

No on both counts. I have several carriers and what I'm doing/where I'm going/baby's mood determines what carrier I have. The only time I'd coordinate carriers with clothes is if I'm going to someplace formal (for example, in September I'll be in a wedding party, and so I'll probably find a sling to match my bridesmaid dress for the reception).

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#6 of 24 Old 01-31-2009, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
All of my carriers are black. They match my clothes because they are all black.

It was hard finding black baby clothes, but I did it.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#7 of 24 Old 01-31-2009, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Only have one sling, so, no.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#8 of 24 Old 02-01-2009, 08:16 PM

Mostly no. I do have a ring sling that is red so if I am wearing that one I just try no to totally clash.

''''

#9 of 24 Old 02-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Banned

I only have one carrier - and a matching bag that I use as a diaper tote
#10 of 24 Old 02-01-2009, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I never had enough carriers to do that. I had one or two at a time, and they served different functions, so I'd use the carrier that the baby preferred at that time no matter what I was wearing.

I certainly selected a carrier in a neutral color or print that matched most of my clothes, but once I had it, I wore it with whatever I owned, even if it clashed. :

If I'd been invited to a fancy occasion, such as a wedding, when I had an infant, I'd probably spring for a new sling/nursing dress combination. But I couldn't justify the expense of yet another carrier otherwise (and I never was invited anywhere THAT fancy along with my baby so I didn't get the opportunity.)

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#11 of 24 Old 02-01-2009, 08:33 PM

Most of the time I try to at least come close. My kids, not so much. If they ever coordinate with my carrier, it's a coincidence!

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
#12 of 24 Old 02-01-2009, 11:02 PM

If the carrier is brand spanking new, I may try to coordinate a little until the novelty wears off. However, I try not to wear totally clashing outfits, though, I don't want to blind anyone! I was wearing my gaudy floral MT yesterday, and decided against my green-striped sweater.

I am not a coordinated person at all. Often my shirt doesn't match my pants, and my socks are always two different colors. But if I'm buying a new shirt, I'll think about how it looks with my carrier or with my tattoo!

Wife to DH and mama to DD(7) blahblah.gifand DD(5) moon.gif...Lola the Wiener Dog dog2.gif, Faulkner the Little Giant dog2.gif, Ginger the Wonder Cat cat.gif,  Azkaban the blue parakeet, Sunny the yellow parakeet, 3 nameless hermit crabs, and a whole bunch of fish!

#13 of 24 Old 02-01-2009, 11:14 PM

Me...yes!

DD...no (only because she is w/i the sling and mostly covered)

Libby blahblah.gif, momma to my precious little girl (6/29/07) 
                        and wonderful little man (12/1/10)

#14 of 24 Old 02-02-2009, 01:06 AM

Well my first wrap was black which goes with everything...
Then I got a natural for summer which goes well with any light color...
Now I have stripes which clashes with everything, but I just cant put my storch down, even if I'm wearing plaid!

Sugaree hippie mama: to one perfect daughter 9/07: one money-pit:
We : we share a:Right now we are: :
#15 of 24 Old 02-02-2009, 08:16 AM

I have one long shirt that's the exact color of my Moby, so I like wearing it since not even DH can tell where one starts and the other ends. And I have one that's the perfect complementary color (color wheel wise) and super comfy, so I wear that a lot. My options to nurse with in the moby are limited, I have almost no wardrobe (this means one pair of pants, no bra, and a few shirts - so soon post-baby I haven't been shopping).
I don't try, and I don't make it obvious, but I do a little because it makes me smile.
#16 of 24 Old 02-02-2009, 12:47 PM

The hardest part of bwing. Trying to match my outfit, baby's outfit, the carrier and gasp yes my older child's outfit. I usually pick out the carrier I need to use for that outing and then I choose our outfits to match.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#17 of 24 Old 02-04-2009, 06:55 PM

yes and no. if I know it's a day where we'll be taking lots of pictures (like a nice day outside, going to the park, for a walk, at the beach, a special trip/occasion) then I'll wear solids. I have an ellaroo wrap in Ysabel (it's a rainbow of thin stripes) so it goes with any solid colors. So if it's one of those days, I'll put me and DS in solid colors. Otherwise...we're lucky to all be showered and dressed most days! I don't normally worry about it...it's rare that we all match each other, too. I look nice, DS looks nice, DH looks nice...that's about it. And DH is obsessed with wearing those punk rocker tshirt/button ups that have the decorations of skulls/stars/wings on them so getting him to wear solids is near impossible (don't think he owns any solid shirts that are decoration free). But I do all the BWing outside of the house, so it's me that matters. sorry I wrote so much!
#18 of 24 Old 02-04-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leosmommy View Post
yes and no. if I know it's a day where we'll be taking lots of pictures (like a nice day outside, going to the park, for a walk, at the beach, a special trip/occasion) then I'll wear solids. I have an ellaroo wrap in Ysabel (it's a rainbow of thin stripes) so it goes with any solid colors. So if it's one of those days, I'll put me and DS in solid colors.
I have that same wrap, it's gorgeous! I definitely make sure I wear solids with it if there's even a remote chance that a picture will be taken.

Wife to DH and mama to DD(7) blahblah.gifand DD(5) moon.gif...Lola the Wiener Dog dog2.gif, Faulkner the Little Giant dog2.gif, Ginger the Wonder Cat cat.gif,  Azkaban the blue parakeet, Sunny the yellow parakeet, 3 nameless hermit crabs, and a whole bunch of fish!

#19 of 24 Old 02-05-2009, 01:11 AM

No.
#20 of 24 Old 02-05-2009, 10:22 AM

i used to have a Ysabel and it *is* gorgeous! i have a picture somewhere of me wearing it on a hike in the woods and it looks so pretty and vibrant against all the brown and green in the background.
#21 of 24 Old 02-06-2009, 01:05 AM

I still have my Ysabel and I don't want to part with it despite it being unused.

I always try to get really stunning / vibrant carrier prints because my wardrobe is mostly dark brown and gray. So I let the carrier be the fashion statement. I had a Cocoa Butterfly Beco 4th Gen that turned heads all the time! So did my Ellaroo Mei Hip.

My dh caught on to a strange phenomenon and monopolized it. He'd wear a girly print carrier...ranging from pink daisies to dots to swirlies, to blossoms all because of the # of women who'd stop him to go goo goo and gah gah over the baby. I thought it was funny. He's such a boy.
#22 of 24 Old 02-06-2009, 01:51 AM

if i could afford to, i think i might

Erin, 33, salty southern mama, sitting by the sea with my DH35, DD10, DS4, &DD2!
#23 of 24 Old 02-06-2009, 11:09 AM

No, not consciously in either case. As far as the carrier and I, if you count my buying a carrier in colors that reflect my everyday wear (muted, blacks, browns), then I match my carrier. The baby's lucky if her outfit matches, let alone matches the carrier!

Lucky wife to DH and mom to DS (10/02) and sweet DD (7/08) and DSD (3/93) and assorted animalia
#24 of 24 Old 02-06-2009, 12:03 PM

Nope/

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page