What's your Fav. Wrap??? Need Advice! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2009, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello I am a big fan of baby wearing, but I am relatively new to it! I wore my one year old regularly before I got pregnant again and could no longer do so. I am due in about a month and for this baby I am wanting to buy a wrap! I have a sling and a mei tai that I used with my one year old.

So I am wondering what are some of the better ones out there?!?!?

Anyone have anything to say about stretchy vs woven materials?
Anyone know any Canadian made ones? besides the cuddle wrap?

Please just anything that might help me make a decision! I only intend on buying one!

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 02:11 PM

do you anticipate only wanting to use it when baby is an infant? or is it something you think you might use into toddlerhood? if you just want it for infancy, i think a stretchy wrap is probably going to suit your needs best (and be a lot less expensive). but if you think you'll want to continue wrapping into toddlerhood, you'll need a good woven wrap for that. i don't know of any canadian companies that *make* woven wraps, but i'm sure there are some canadian-based wahm's who sell them. maybe someone here can provide a link for you? or you could ask in your tribal area for a recommendation as well.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Well you know what I think, but I'll post it here too

I love stretchy ones for newborn, but after about 3 months I would want a woven one.

I don't know of any canadian ones.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
Old 02-22-2009, 02:25 PM

I believe that Tadpoles and Butterflies sell the greatest variety of woven wrap brands in Canada. They also sell stretch wraps. They're located in Alberta.

http://www.tadpoles.ca

I've ordered from Tadpoles before and they have great customer service and shipped really quickly. I bought a Merry Carry woven wrap from them and it arrived 2 days later. It's a very nice wrap that isn't too expensive.

I've never ordered from them but there is also Birdie's Room, which sells Didymos wraps (another type of woven) if that's what you are looking for. They are also in Canada.

http://www.birdiesroom.com

Like the pp said, if you only want it to use while your baby is very young a stretch wrap is nice. If you want to be able to still use it when your baby is a toddler I'd go with a woven. HTH

User Tag List