Help Me With My Ring Sling! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 2 ring slings, but I can't seem to figure them out. I've watched the videos on zolowear, and I kind of understand the tummy to tummy way to wear it, but DS starts tipping to the side opposite the rings after awhile. The top rail is tight, very snug, but after awhile, he starts tipping to the side. What am I doing wrong? Or is it normal? It makes me uncomfortable, and kind of worries me.

On the cradle hold, I cannot figure it out. I got an Infantino SlingRider (?) and had been using it, but I've heard they aren't really safe, and he's getting too big anyway, so I tried the cradle hold, but maybe he's too big for the cradle hold period? He's 23 7/8 inches and is 11 lbs 11 oz. Or maybe my sling is too small? Do they make different size ring slings? I'm so new to this. With DD, I was just familiar with the Snuggli, so this is a lot different, but I like that he can be right up next to me without a bunch of fabric with a sling.

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 03:02 PM

Could you post a pic of you wearing baby in it? He shouldn't be too big for the cradle hold.

If you can post a pic I can look and see if I see anything wrong
Old 02-26-2009, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
All those videos you've watched don't apply though to slings like the Infantino SlingRider. They are for open tail, non-padded rails, non-bag slings.

Infantino SlingRider is a very padded, bag type sling and there's been several issues with them not being used safely, because really, the design itself makes it hard to use. The pocket is too deep and it's really hard to adjust it.

My suggestion is to put it away and get another ring sling. You'll have a much better time with it and can apply the tips you've watched in those videos. Maya Wrap is a simple design that has slight shoulder padding, but no padding at the rails and it's an open tail. Much better than the Infantino SlingRider. Best of luck!

Giselle, natural living mama to three (and TTC our 4th)
Granola Babies - www.granolababies.com
Everything for your natural baby - visit online or in So. CA. Always free shipping within the USA.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baturay View Post
All those videos you've watched don't apply though to slings like the Infantino SlingRider. They are for open tail, non-padded rails, non-bag slings.

Infantino SlingRider is a very padded, bag type sling and there's been several issues with them not being used safely, because really, the design itself makes it hard to use. The pocket is too deep and it's really hard to adjust it.

My suggestion is to put it away and get another ring sling. You'll have a much better time with it and can apply the tips you've watched in those videos. Maya Wrap is a simple design that has slight shoulder padding, but no padding at the rails and it's an open tail. Much better than the Infantino SlingRider. Best of luck!
I have two slings that aren't the Infantino. I don't like the Infantino, and he's getting too big to fit in in comfortably. I was asking about the two ring slings I have.

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

Old 02-26-2009, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2five+ View Post
Could you post a pic of you wearing baby in it? He shouldn't be too big for the cradle hold.

If you can post a pic I can look and see if I see anything wrong
I'll have to take a few, but I will post them as soon as I can.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 PM

For the tummy to tummy I find ds also starts to head sideways after a bit - it's getting better now that he holds himself up more but in the ringsling I find as soon as he gets sleepy we need to switch to the cradle hold. And we still do the cradle hold & he's now 20lbs.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 02-26-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcneal View Post
I have two slings that aren't the Infantino. I don't like the Infantino, and he's getting too big to fit in in comfortably. I was asking about the two ring slings I have.
Ah...have you tried doing upright? I actually find that easier to do then cradle, plus my son hated cradle. Here he is at just a few weeks old.

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/100_2475.jpg

Giselle, natural living mama to three (and TTC our 4th)
Granola Babies - www.granolababies.com
Everything for your natural baby - visit online or in So. CA. Always free shipping within the USA.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

I won't be able to post a picture for awhile, I tried getting some on the webcam on my computer, but it didn't come out well enough to see how the sling is situated/how DS is sitting in it.

User Tag List