Mommy to DD bouncy.gif born August 2008 

#32 of 39 Old 03-10-2009, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
"Can't you afford a stroller?"
Seriously?? What if you said no~would they go out and buy one for you? And obviously they haven't priced quality baby carriers lately. You can get a cheap umbrella stroller for less money than a good carrier.

Pamstillheart.gif Cliffguitar.gif Malachi 5/08 bouncy.gif   Judah 5/10 jog.gif  Eden 8/12 babygirl.gif Asher 8/12 babyboy.gif

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~CS Lewis

#33 of 39 Old 03-10-2009, 09:59 PM

I have a friend whose mom offered to buy her a double stroller. Once the stroller was picked out and paid for the mom asked my friend if she would, "stop using that poverty stricken jungle wrap," (known to most MDCers as a ring sling).

Julie - Mom to Elizabeth (Libby) age 6, Penelope (Penny) age 5, Elliott age 29 months, and Oscar who is 1 year old!
#34 of 39 Old 03-11-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetMC View Post
I have a friend whose mom offered to buy her a double stroller. Once the stroller was picked out and paid for the mom asked my friend if she would, "stop using that poverty stricken jungle wrap," (known to most MDCers as a ring sling).
Reaction in this house:
:

My DH is still laughing.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#35 of 39 Old 03-12-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
I have to admit, i wore our new puppy in a pouch the other day to pick up my dd from her preschool.....DD was not very happy about it! LOL!

DS is very possessive of his pouch too - I was shwoing a friend how to use a Hotsling with her baby and he was MAD! He was not at all impressed that I was putting another baby in his "UP" and walking around with them - he eyed that baby suspiciously the whole visit from his hip perch .

Michelle, mama to Isabelle (03/04) and Tom (02/07)
#36 of 39 Old 03-13-2009, 04:03 PM

question about the animal carriers... I'm all about the animals, but animals in a carrier? what for? I carried my son almost 24/7, well at least when we were awake, until he learned to crawl and wanted almost nothing to do with it, although we do use it occasionally now. We have two cats, but i dont see the point or the need for the carriers, or the dog strollers. I mean I guess if you had an older animal that had physical problems and couldnt get around on their own, but other than that, isnt part of having a healthy animal making sure they get enough exercise and walks and everything? How is a dog getting enough "walk" time if he is in a carrier or stroller? I'm so not trying to offend or make anyone upset, I just honestly dont understand. I know its way off topic too so I apoligize for that.
#37 of 39 Old 03-14-2009, 03:43 AM

A little girl at the grocery store asked me why I had my baby in my shirt when I was wearing her in the Moby. It was cute!

I've actually had several people say something about the Moby being a shirt - I've explained it's actually a wrap, but got some blank stares.
#38 of 39 Old 03-14-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisha View Post
Oh and I have (had, she's grown out if it, boohoo) this cute little bear outfit for dd which was perfect for the cold winter we had (pic), and more than once, someone said "oh, it's a baby!! I thought you really had a little bear in there!!"
Hello, who in their right mind would walk around with a LIVE BEAR strapped against their body
:

That's awesome. I'd wear a live bear! JK.

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#39 of 39 Old 03-16-2009, 11:51 PM

I've put my dog into both a wrap (FWCC) and my RS. She wasn't as happy with it as I would have thought (she LOOVES to be held, so I thought she'd be thrilled to be in the baby carrier). So I didn't keep her in it long, but DH took some photos & we laughed.

ETA:
Comments I hear:
"Wow, best seat in the house!"
"Aww, he looks so comfy!"

But in the RS in a hip carry, I usually keep his whole body inside. Otherwise he tries to reach for things & lean over -- then it feels like he's going ot fall out & it's uncomfortable.
A cashier at the grocery store said, "Woa, it looks weird, like a little floating head there!"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page