Best SSC for me? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm determined to get a SSC for the next babe and am already obsessively researching. Problem is, I can't figure out which would be best! I need some mommas with experience...

Here's what matters:
- I want one that will work from newborn on up to when they get sick of me carrying them around!
- I'm 5"2 and I've got pretty small shoulders. I've tried an Ergo on and it felt way too big for my shoulders.
- My DH is 6"2 and I want him to be able to use it as well.
- I'm on a budget! I can't afford to drop well over $100 for this, as much as I wish I could.
- Despite the fact that I'm poor...I'd like it to look nice! I'm just not a solid black print kind of girl.

I have looked around on thebabywearer.com and honestly, it gave me a headache. Maybe when I know what I want I can search on the FSOT, but for now it just overwhelms me. I need to narrow down what will work for us! Any nudges in the right direction would be appreciated

Sabrina loving wife to Nate , frazzled mom to Gabriella (1-23-07) and Robert (2-9-10) My bed and heart are overflowing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicksab View Post
I'm determined to get a SSC for the next babe and am already obsessively researching. Problem is, I can't figure out which would be best! I need some mommas with experience...

Here's what matters:
- I want one that will work from newborn on up to when they get sick of me carrying them around!
- I'm 5"2 and I've got pretty small shoulders. I've tried an Ergo on and it felt way too big for my shoulders.
- My DH is 6"2 and I want him to be able to use it as well.
- I'm on a budget! I can't afford to drop well over $100 for this, as much as I wish I could.
- Despite the fact that I'm poor...I'd like it to look nice! I'm just not a solid black print kind of girl.

I have looked around on thebabywearer.com and honestly, it gave me a headache. Maybe when I know what I want I can search on the FSOT, but for now it just overwhelms me. I need to narrow down what will work for us! Any nudges in the right direction would be appreciated
I am a little bigger than you 5'4 and more broad shouldered but I also disliked the Ergo. I the Pikkolo. They have recently changed a few things so you can get the older model on sale for $109. I don't know if that is within your budget. IMO its really worth it since you can use it from birth to toddlerhood. I have tried LOTS of carriers and I have learned I am a SSC buckle type of gal and this one is tops IMO.
Good luck.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
Old 03-16-2009, 11:18 AM

PS I know lots of people love thebabywearer but it gives me a headache too.
Good information just visually overwhelming.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
Old 03-16-2009, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Isn't the pikkolo the one that you have to buy that extra waist belt once your kid gets bigger? I do have back problems (which is one of the reasons that I want a good SSC) so I know I would need that. With that extra part, isn't it pretty expensive?

Sabrina loving wife to Nate , frazzled mom to Gabriella (1-23-07) and Robert (2-9-10) My bed and heart are overflowing!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicksab View Post
Isn't the pikkolo the one that you have to buy that extra waist belt once your kid gets bigger? I do have back problems (which is one of the reasons that I want a good SSC) so I know I would need that. With that extra part, isn't it pretty expensive?
I don't have the waist belt (it's optional but recommended for older babies) But my ds2 is 19 lbs and it's still working for me without the waist belt. I have had back problems in the past too so I am particular. The waist belt is $22. So yeah, I guess that makes it a little more pricey.

User Tag List