carrier shopping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 03-20-2009, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im only 18 weeks but am looking for carriers for the new baby.

with DD2 i had a homemade wrap, an ergo, and a mei tei.

i loved my wrap till she got to 6 months and was too big to wear on the front and i didnt feel right doing back carries by my self, and it was Cotton Jersey so it was a bit streatchy. once she hit 6 months i got the ergo, back carries all the way, i loved it, she loved it.
i bought a mei tei and found it a bit uncomfortible using it for a long time. DD was about 9-10 month old by this time. i stopped carrying her at 11 month after i hurt my hip.

for the new baby (whos gender we wont know till birth, unless i cave in 10 days time) i want a new carrier(s)

my carrier stash so far consists of
1 Mei Tei Pink Camo (great when baby is older but not so sure about newborn, plus i could have a boy
1 Ergo Blue, going to get a waist extender and infant insert for DH, he wont use a wrap/pouch etc but will use the Ergo.
1 Pouch Raindow coloured (bargin at £5 instead of £28)

the wrap i had has vanished.

while i dont NEED a new carrier i want a new wrap.

recomendations please

Im thinking of using the Wrap for longtime carrying, all day out the house type thing.
The pouch for days when all i am doing is the school run, quick trip to corner shop etc.
The ergo for DH if he wants to carry baby, and for back carries once baby is over 6 months old.
The mei tei will be good if i fancy a change (and its a girl, i cant imagine the flack i will get carrying a boy in a pink camo carrier, in my area i am already seen as a freak for babywearing/BFing/CDing/being even slighly outside the mainstream etc!)

any other types of carriers that would be good to have a look at?

i am a member of thebabywearer.com and may look there as i get closer to birth.

many thanks

Kiz

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page