How to use a Mexican Reboso for baby wearing? - Mothering Forums
Babywearing > How to use a Mexican Reboso for baby wearing?
RiverMamma's Avatar RiverMamma 01:23 AM 03-24-2009
I was just given a traditional Mexican Reboso, & I know it is used as a baby carrier, but I don't know the configuration so to speak. Any body out there know how to use a reboso?

momeeboys's Avatar momeeboys 08:18 AM 03-25-2009
If you go to YouTube, there might be some instructional videos on rebozos. Traditional rebozos are shorter in length than the ones you might buy from Ellaroo or Didymos. I'm pretty sure all you'll be able to so is a square knot (double knot). And that takes some tweaking.

Basically, the rebozo will be a pouch, but one you fit to your body. When you tie it, you want to give the outside rail a little more slack than the inside one (to provide space for your baby). It'll be a little trial and error before you can get it right, but stick with it. Rebozos, IMO, are awesome and incredibly comfortable.
momeeboys's Avatar momeeboys 08:29 AM 03-25-2009
baturay's Avatar baturay 11:47 AM 03-25-2009
Also, here's a great link with all the carries you can do with a rebozo.

http://babywearing.dictumsapienti.com/rebozo/
MoonStarFalling's Avatar MoonStarFalling 05:15 PM 03-25-2009
You can also use it for a torso carry. There should be a you tube vid for that as well. I find it more comfy for housework vs the one shoulder carries.
shinky's Avatar shinky 06:05 PM 03-25-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by baturay View Post
Also, here's a great link with all the carries you can do with a rebozo.

http://babywearing.dictumsapienti.com/rebozo/
Elly is how I learned to love, love, love my rebozo. It took some time to master the actual knot, but once I did, it was my go to carrier. Small enough to fit in the diaper bag, too!
RiverMamma's Avatar RiverMamma 04:43 PM 03-26-2009
Thanks Mammas!
RiverMamma's Avatar RiverMamma 05:53 PM 03-26-2009
Sweet!!!!!! I just figured out that any of the back carries & the knotless side cary will let me fiddle!!!!!! (& the knotless hip cary lets her nurse while I fiddle!!!):
Up