SSC for my DH? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-24-2009, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Until now, my DH has been wearing DD in the Baby Bjorn, but she's getting too big to wear her comfortably in it. It's still very comfortable for me to wear her in my ring sling (hip carry), but DH only likes using SSCs, and has mentioned that he'd like to be able to wear her on his back.

I'd love to surprise him with a SSC that enables back carriers for father's day -- do you guys have some recommendations for a plain, sleek-looking SSC that you can do back carries with up to at least 30 pounds? DD is 12 months and 20 pounds now, and we'd like to be able to use the new carrier for at least a year.

I showed him the Ergo and Beco Butterfly online today, and he didn't like the "poofiness" of the Ergo, but liked how sleek the Beco was. I wasn't crazy about the price tag ($140) -- any suggestions for a less expensive one, maybe in the $80 range? Thanks!

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#2 of 6 Old 05-24-2009, 01:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a Patapum for Mother's Day. I'm really impressed with how sleek and simple the design is. I compared it to a Beco and Ergo at a local store this week, and it's much thinner and not "poofy" at all. I looked at the Ergo sport too, and I think it compares well - the body appears to be only two layers with no padding, and the hood is a lightweight mesh. The straps are padded and have a wicking fabric on the underside. The waistband has the same fabric on the inside, and seems to be long enough to fit just about any waist.

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.
#3 of 6 Old 05-24-2009, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsfairy View Post
I looked at the Ergo sport too, and I think it compares well...
Oooh, I didn't notice that one when I was browsing their site yesterday! Great price, and much sleeker than the regular Ergo -- thank you, I think this one might be a winner!!

ETA: That Patapum looks great too. Thanks so much for your help!

#4 of 6 Old 05-24-2009, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh, now I'm going back and forth again. I see that the Ergo is only 13 inches tall, whereas the Patapum and Beco are both 16 inches tall.

Since DD is already 1, it seems like we'll need a taller carrier to take us through the next year or two. And the Becos are just so great-looking! I hate to spend an extra $50, but I'm kind of leaning towards the Beco right now.

So hard to decide!

ETA: I just bought this one. I can't wait to get it in the mail!!

#5 of 6 Old 05-29-2009, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

The Beco arrived, and I LOVE IT!!! There is a WORLD of difference between this and the Baby Bjorn.

I'm so so glad we bought it -- I can totally see doing another year or two of babywearing now -- yay!!! :

#6 of 6 Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post
The Beco arrived, and I LOVE IT!!! There is a WORLD of difference between this and the Baby Bjorn.

I'm so so glad we bought it -- I can totally see doing another year or two of babywearing now -- yay!!! :
That's awesome!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page