Boba baby carrier - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-07-2009, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just found this the other day. It's a new carrier out called the Boba and I was wondering if anyone has tried one yet. Here's a link: http://www.sleepywrap.com/index.php?page=boba. I found it because I have a sleepy wrap and was looking up something on their website. I LOVE my sleepy wrap and I've been reading up on the Boba and comparing it to the ergo and mei tai carriers, because that's what I want to use when DS is old enough (and heavy enough). I love the design because it's like an ergo and mei tai in one. I'm also impressed with the footholds and their reasoning to why they're there. It looks like it's going to be an awesome product and can't wait to try it myself. =)

Lydia , wife to DH , mama to Titus (8-11-09) and we just started
#2 of 7 Old 10-09-2009, 12:37 AM

If I remember your post I will come back and let you know! I got the email today (after being directed to look at it by a mommy on my military forum) and after seeing it the second time I wanted it SOOOO bad. lol. I posted it on my facebook and my dad texted me telling me that it should be at my door in a few days. Woohoo!

I love my sleepy wrap though and the only reason I'd buy the boba is because of how it helps put the pelvis in a correct position and straighten the spine. The pressure on the pelvis is the reason I haven't bought anything other than a sleepy wrap.
#3 of 7 Old 10-09-2009, 01:14 PM

Ooohh...I'm anxious to hear if anyone has tried it. It's like a cross between the babyhawk and the ergo or something.

#4 of 7 Old 10-09-2009, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

That's so exciting! I hope you enjoy the Boba! I agree about the reasoning with the spine and pelvis. I refuse to put my DS in a lot of the common carriers like the infantino or baby bjorn because of how the legs dangle (not good for LOs spines, pelvis, or postures).

Lydia , wife to DH , mama to Titus (8-11-09) and we just started
#5 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM

i haven't heard of it before, will be interested to see reviews. but it looks like a typical SSC, i don't see it as a 'hybrid' MT/SSC at all, it buckles at shoulders and waist and has what looks to be a very wide padded waist, so that's a pretty straight-forward SSC. the foot-holds are interesting, though i don't think they'd be necessary for a smaller toddler if you've got them in the carrier properly. but if you were wearing a preschooler they'd be nice (our DH loves that feature on our frame pack, otherwise the kids swing their legs).

it looks heavily padded - which some people really like in a SSC and which some people don't, so that's just a personal preference.
#6 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can't wait to hear what others think of it. I didn't order a demo, because I want to wait a little longer. I do think it looks really nice, but it's not a hybrid of SSC and mei tai. It's a SSC. I think the foot straps are a neat feature. But, yeah, I'm getting more and more curious about it!

Giselle, natural living mama to three (and TTC our 4th)
Granola Babies - www.granolababies.com
Everything for your natural baby - visit online or in So. CA. Always free shipping within the USA.
#7 of 7 Old 01-07-2010, 05:34 PM

_

Coral Jean
Mama to Dylan 12/20/08 and Milo 12/22/10 hbac.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page