Anyone try an Action Baby SSC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-05-2009, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seems like maybe too good to be true to find a SSC that is only $89... It looks along the lines of a Beco, Pikkolo, AngelPack.
I like the huge flap-down hood.. looks like great coverage for nursing, and this carrier says its good from newborn and up.

Any experience with it? I know it's kind of new compared to other brands.

Katie,  sahm to two wild and crazy guys banana.gif (8/07) and  bouncy.gif (3/10) and their sweet new baby sister baby.gif (4-1-13) 

#2 of 4 Old 01-01-2010, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi!!! :-D

I just saw this post and saw that no one answered- so I can answer a few of your questions. First- the Beco, Pikkolo and hte AngelPack are all SSC but all very different- even from one another. The Beco's new design esp. The Pikkolo does not have a padded hip belt- it is a different style hip belt than say an ergo, beco or AP or Action Baby. Yes the Action Baby does have a hood that is large enough to keep the sun off of little ones.

Oh and two more things! Yes $89 is true (we can keep our cost down because we own our manufacturing facility here in the USA) and we have been selling this carrier model for over 2 years. So it is not that new on the market!

:-D I hope that helped!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#3 of 4 Old 01-01-2010, 01:24 PM

We had an ABC for DS2 when he was an infant. I loved the carrier, but found that the waist wasn't very supportive once he hit about 20lbs at about 15 months old. It was my second favorite carrier for a small baby after the Yamo, but I definitely found that other carriers worked better for us once he was about a year old.

Kateread.gif, grad student mama to O (4) and J (3)fencing.gif
Cautiously expecting a "bonus" baby in August.

#4 of 4 Old 06-28-2012, 11:55 PM

I was also amaze by the price of ABC, they even give discounts that drop the price down to $50-$75,..and some contest in their FB. I'm still not experienced in using ABC but I think their brand is great.  I am already waiting for my Action Baby Carrier..and I'm excited to used it with my baby in my next shopping schedule!. joy.gif

Living is great but being a MOM is even better

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page