Ever heard of Yamo? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Hi,

After reading through this forum, I have decided that I really want an Ergo carrier for the baby I am expecting in a few months. I know I can order this online, but I have been looking for local (potentially cheaper) sources. I have been checking kijiji regularly for Ergo carriers with little success, but today I found an ad for a "Yamo (Ergo like) baby carrier". Here is the description:

This carrier is similar to an Ergo, you can wear baby on your back, front or hip. It is very comfortable with padded straps and adjustable padded waist, I just have too many carriers and am not using it right now. Comes with a convenient storage bag. The pattern is called blue fiesta and the fabric is corduroy. Lots more information at this site http://www.yourbabycarrier.com/yamo.html.

Has anyone used this carrier before? How does it really compare to the Ergo?

Thanks!

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't used on, but I can tell you it is a reputable carrier. You might have better luck asking over on theBabyWearer. I know there are some mamas over there who have used them. They are not super common, but when I was looking for a soft-structured carrier I read up on them, and I seriously considered getting one, I just couldn't find one that I liked online.

Lindsay, mama to Owen (06.08) and Sadie (05.11) wool.gifpartner to the amazing J. 

Tags
Babywearing , Ergo Baby Carrier
User Tag List