What carrier would you recommend? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2009, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know a similar thread was started recently but please bear with me. I am looking for a carriere that is super easy to use, can be used with DS for many months, priced right and I can nurse DS in.

Currently I wear him in a Babyhawk but he is now too tall for adequate head support but he still isn't strong enough to keep his own head up for any real length of time. I've used a pouch sling with him but he doesn't really seem to like it.

I have a Beco, which I love for my toddler but not so much for my infant. I also have a wrap but I just can't seem to like a wrap-too much fabric dangling on the ground for me.

Any suggestions? How about the Baby K'tan? It is priced right but I can't really tell if it offers good head support. Also, is the stretchy cotton too stretchy? I had a moby with DD but coudn't use it long because the stretchiness just didn't support her weight for very long.

Mama to DD1 2007, DS 2009, DD2 2012, What a Journey this parenting thing is...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2009, 02:30 PM

The Baby K'tan is stretchy like the Moby, so probably not the best carrier for you. I like Action Baby Carriers. They are comfortable and really affordable. But it sounds like you already have a Beco that you don't like using at this stage, so that doesn't sounds like you'd be happy with an Action Baby Carrier either.

Is your Beco a 4th generation or a butterfly? If it's a fourth generation, you might like the AngelPack LX or Beco Butterfly for the younger age since the 4th generation is more like the Action Baby Carrier.

Sorry I wasn't more helpful!

Ruth, mama to 2 little monkeys and owner of Zerberts
Helping you find the perfect baby carrier! Risk Free Shopping and FREE SHIPPING!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Kozy mei tai. Awesome carrier. Got it when dd was about six months old, still using it at 16 months and plan on using it til she's too old to want to be carried any more.

Lucky wife to DH and mom to DS (10/02) and sweet DD (7/08) and DSD (3/93) and assorted animalia
Old 12-03-2009, 01:23 AM

I second this. I started using the Kozy Karrier when DD was about 3 months old and now, at 21 months, it is still our go-to carrier. Very easy, particularly if you want to lay down baby once he/she is asleep.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:50 AM

I agree with Carrruth, Action Baby Carrier is really affordable.! I'm still not aware of how comfortable it is but when I check their FB,.I observe that children using ABC loves it. I had also been in a forum discussing about infants in that carrier using frog or swaddle position. You an also check their site for discounts and others their original price was $98 that drop their price to $50-$75.  I was already waiting for my ABC. Hope that helps! joy.gif

Living is great but being a MOM is even better

Old 07-10-2012, 09:25 AM

My newest and most favorite is our mei tai. I got ours off of Etsy.com and it's handmade and really wonderful with stars on it in black and white. There are so many incredible designs on Etsy,if you're interested. I have a ring sling,which is only good for around the house,and a Caboo carrier,which is stretchy and isn't all that great any longer-it's a lot like the wraps but you don't have to do the wrapping,just put it over your head and stick the baby in. I also don't like that one for in the summer because my baby is too close to my body and we over-heat. The mei tai is also great because there's a little bit of room between you and the baby,and it also has a bit to support the baby's head if they were to fall asleep with their head away from you. I love the mei tai!!!!

Old 07-10-2012, 01:05 PM

I really like the mei tai also!  Our first one was a Kozy, which is very comfortable.  I just bought a "backup" mei tai in case the Kozy is in the laundry - this one is a secondhand DIY job that I'm buying from the original maker.

Enjoyed our two Sleepy Wraps when LO was smaller, but now I find they stretch too much and they are WAY too warm for summertime, especially this year!

User Tag List