woven wraps - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-05-2009, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a strectchy wrap that I love and find so comfortable but my litle giant is starting to get too heavy for it.
I'm considering a woven wrap but I'm not really sure how they work.
With the stretchy wrap I can put it on my body then stretch it to get my baby in. How do you manage with a woven one - can you use this technique or do you have to magically tie it around you while holding your baby in position?
I'm a bit clueless on this one.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-05-2009, 05:10 PM

Hello-

I am just now transitioning to a woven wrap after over four months of using and loving the Moby. I do find that the woven wrap is taking a bit more practice to figure out and the Moby came much easier to me. I have been successful at tying the wrap on and then putting the baby in the same way as with stretchy wrap. I am also getting the hang of tying it while holding baby and after several carries - even a couple going to the store- it is already starting to come naturally. I even tied up the little guy an a few back carries and tied him onto my husband's back this morning so he could clean the kitchen!

It's so worth the patience and perseverance to transition to the woven wrap and if you loved your Moby I think you'll love your woven wrap as much or more!

Michelle

Michelle (41), Mateo (43), Taro (16), Malaya (8), Jose (4), and little Kaleo (4 months), chickens, goats, dogs and cats on two cozy acres.
#3 of 6 Old 12-05-2009, 09:16 PM

You can try pre-wrapping it loosely and tighten it once baby is positioned. I'm sure you can find a TON of videos on youtube too! Sometimes it's easier if you can see it.

Ruth, mama to 2 little monkeys and owner of Zerberts
Helping you find the perfect baby carrier! Risk Free Shopping and FREE SHIPPING!
#4 of 6 Old 12-06-2009, 12:33 AM

There is a bit of a learning curve, but really, once you get it, it becomes second nature. There is a ton of tutorials over at www.thebabywearer.com

Tanya, wife to my best friend momma to Blake 2/02, Jacob 5/04, Parker 12/05 and MaKenna : 6/09
#5 of 6 Old 12-07-2009, 02:38 PM

I will chime in and second www.thebabywearer.com

Here's their chart of different carries and instructions.

Casey
Babywearing Expert, Cloth Diapering Advocate and Breastfeeding Supporter from Nicki's Diapers
#6 of 6 Old 12-07-2009, 06:39 PM

I loooove my woven wraps and would like to third TBW (thebabywearer.com) for a wealth of information and the place to buy your woven wraps (for sale or trade forum)

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page