What are your favorite slings/carriers for various ages and situations - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 01-16-2010, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am expecting my 3rd and have rotated through a ton of carriers. I find there are some I like more at certain times than others. I am hoping to get other's similar opinions.

For me:
When my girls were brand new I like my moby wrap when i was wearing for a long time at home. I found it irritating to get into but comfy for long wears. I loved my maya pouch for quick ins and outs at the store.

When they were several months older I still liked moby wrap for at home, but rarely had the patience to get it comfy on me. I then got a maitei and ergo which were good. For in and outs quickly I loved my maya ring sling and pounch both.

With an older infant and into toddler years I found my ergo for long wears the best and my maya ring sling the greatest for store trips and such.

Anyone else wanna offer opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-18-2010, 06:23 PM

Ditto! I LOVE stretch wraps for little babies. But I like the convenience of SSCs once they are older. I also like RS for quick carries, especially with a toddler that just needs some quick snuggles.

Ruth, mama to 2 little monkeys and owner of Zerberts
Helping you find the perfect baby carrier! Risk Free Shopping and FREE SHIPPING!
#3 of 6 Old 01-19-2010, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I love a good woven wraps with both my new babies all through preschool age.

But, I also like variety, so like right now I have my little one sound asleep in a mei tai. And I use ring slings for quick in and out carries. And when I feel like trying something I don't use often, I grab at soft structured carrier.

But, if I had to be wiped out of every single carrier I own and only have one ~ hands down a woven wrap.

Giselle, natural living mama to three (and TTC our 4th)
Granola Babies - www.granolababies.com
Everything for your natural baby - visit online or in So. CA. Always free shipping within the USA.
#4 of 6 Old 01-19-2010, 04:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ITA with Baturay that if I had to choose only one - it would be my woven wrap. HOWEVER, like PPs, I use my Moby-style wrap and my Maya sling for the first few months.

My first two babes grew quickly too heavy for the Moby and I didn't yet have a woven wrap, so I did use a Bjorn for about a month - they were too big to fit into the Ergo with their legs frogged up but not yet ready to be put in with their legs stretched out. With ds2 I grew weary of the Bjorn after a week or so and made my own woven wrap. We both loved it. I used it mostly on my back and then when I got pregnant with dd, it was *perfect* as it tied above my belly.

Woven wrap + Maya sling (for quick ins and outs) for 5 months and up.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#5 of 6 Old 01-19-2010, 01:35 PM

My favourite carrier has definitely been the chunei. I have 2 different types for "variety". It's been a real lifesaver for me because my LO got really heavy very fast, and i've needed something that i can whip on and off quickly.

Love of our life, born September 2009
#6 of 6 Old 01-21-2010, 12:43 PM

I loved using a pouch at home and quick in and outs to the store. I love mine from slings and baby things. A friend of mine just got hers from them and they now have a place in the fabric that you can nurse your baby while wearing this sling. LOVE THAT idea with newborn babies. After a pouch I switch to soft fabric wrap, like around 5 months. Then I love using soft carrier on my back, loved my Mei-Favorite. love them on the back, so they aren't reaching from everything in site.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page