Which do you like Kozy Carrier or Baby Hawk? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-18-2010, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I am boiling my decision down to these two famous ones: Babyhawk (with/ without buckles) and Kozy Carrier. Which one would you recommend, especially for easy nursing?
#2 of 9 Old 01-20-2010, 02:22 AM

those are both such comfortable, established brands I don't think you can go wrong. As far as nursing goes, it should work just the same in any mei tai.

for babyhawk, I mean the regular tie-on kind. the new Oh Snap with buckles is a whole other animal.

sorry that's not really an anwer, but I didn't want you to get all views and no replies!

Berkeley mom of 3 and President of Tender Cargo Baby Gear
and The Nurture Center Store and Resource Center 3399 Mt Diablo Bl Lafayette CA 888-998-BABY
#3 of 9 Old 01-20-2010, 09:06 AM

I absolutely adore my tie on Mei Tai. After an initial learning curve on how to get it on and off easily, it was simple. DS still adores it at almost 3 years old.
#4 of 9 Old 01-20-2010, 09:10 AM

I absolutely love my (non buckle) babyhawk and found it supremely easy for hands free nursing. Have not tried a Kozy Carrier, so can't say
#5 of 9 Old 01-22-2010, 08:34 PM

I have and love both but prefer Kozy.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#6 of 9 Old 01-22-2010, 08:41 PM

I carried my 3.5-year-old for an hour and a half in my old school BabyHawk today. It's a really well constructed carrier.
#7 of 9 Old 01-23-2010, 04:57 PM

either.

I'd suggest purchasing from a vendor with a return policy (and bonus points if they carry both brands!) That way, you can order one... try it (being careful not to get it dirty) and if you don't like it, you can return/exchange for the other brand.
#8 of 9 Old 01-24-2010, 07:40 PM

Either one will definitely work for nursing -- assuming we're talking mei tai to mei tai here (the Oh Snap with buckles is a buckle carrier, not a mei tai, and very different).

The Kozy is a taller and wider MT than the BabyHawk, and the straps are at a wider angle. I tend to find that if you have very narrow shoulders, the BabyHawk will work better.

The BabyHawk has a very firm headrest that can turn down or be up supporting baby's head. Kozy has good head support with a little extra cushioning, but it's not as stiff.

Kozy is better for high back carries with newborns/small babies because it's so tall. The ToddlerHawk works well for this but not so much the BabyHawk IME.

HTH!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#9 of 9 Old 01-26-2010, 07:37 PM

Those are both really great carriers. I don't think you can go wrong with either, although if you have really narrow shoulders like I do, I would lean more towards a Babyhawk. I would look at both and see which one has a fabric that you really like. You are more likely to use the carrier if you really like how it looks.

And Quirky has great advice!

Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06, Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09,
Go with your gut, follow your heart.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page