which pouch sling? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter
crl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're hoping to adopt a newborn (expectant mother has chosen us, due in Apr.). DS is 6.5 and we walk to a lot of things together and I spend a lot of time hanging around outside while DS is playing. I'm thinking I will want to wear the baby quite a bit. I already have an old-style Ergo from when DS was little (no infant insert--I think the Ergo will be for down the road a bit, but I can get the new infant insert locally if I really want it after the baby is here) and a Gypsy Mama stretch wrap. I think I'd like to add a pouch sling, mainly because I like the simplicity and that it would fold up small for the diaper bag.

I'm 5 ft 7 inches tall and 135 pounds. I sort of care about how it looks, although I'd be okay with something pretty plain. Given that I've already laid out the money for the wrap, I'd really rather keep the cost of the pouch down. I'd prefer one that works over a long period of time, but good for newborn use is the highest priority. We live in San Francisco so the weather is cool year around.

Which pouch sling would you recommend?

Thanks!
Catherine
#2 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter
crl

Well, I found the Hotsling on Babies R Us for just over $20 total so I went ahead and ordered--it has good reviews on the babywearer forums so Ifigured it was good bet. Hopefully, I've gotten the size right (I'm on the upper end of a 2 so I went with a 3. . . .)

Catherine

ETA: here's a link in case anyone else is interested in one http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...LAID=414179465
#3 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 03:23 PM

I ordered a peanut shell from their website in the super sale section and it was $17. Reversible and pretty stylish.

It took me a while to figure out how to use it. I was used to the Moby. But we really like it now.
#4 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 04:17 PM

Ooh, thanks for sharing the tip on the hotslings sale at BRU! I just ordered one too! (I was contemplating a much more expensive carrier for a hip carry but I'm hoping the hotsling will work well for that)

Me 32 DH 31
DS 5/30/09
#5 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
crl

You're welcome! Hope we both like our hotslings.

Catherine
#6 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 05:58 PM

I love my New Native carrier! I have the brown with the sweet jane trim and it is adorable!

http://www.newnativeinc.com/orders/p...ageHistory=cat

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page