beco butterfly II - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2010, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I just ordered a beco butterfly II. I am really close to ordering an ergo also. The reason I'm thinking about the ergo is the little pocket. What do you all do for carrying your keys and wallet while wearing the beco butterfly II? I hate to spend another $100 on the ergo so I can have a pocket. Then, when would I use the beco butterfly II? only in the house and when out in the yard?
Thanks
Rebecca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 02:31 PM

Oh - there are lots of options! If you are wearing your LO on your front, I find a backpack works really well. If you want something smaller, I'd suggest a hip or 'fanny' pack that clips around your waist. When I wear DS on my back these days, I usually just sling my purse over my shoulder the way I normally would, and it's fine, or if I have more to carry, I wear a 'messenger' style bag that I put over my head and then it sits on the opposite shouled and across my chest. at the back, the strap sort of sits in front of DS, between me and him. Make sense?

Lindsay, mama to Owen (06.08) and Sadie (05.11) wool.gifpartner to the amazing J. 
Old 02-19-2010, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

It does make sense, thank you! I have used carriers before and just carried my purse as always. I may just be freaking out because I just spent lots of money and I'm still thinking about the ergo!
Rebecca
Old 02-23-2010, 01:28 PM

a lot of little purses from eagle creek have a belt option...there's also the ergo's pouch and patamum's too
plus what the pp said

still learning
Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 PM

a lot of little purses from eagle creek have a belt option...there's also the ergo's pouch and patamum's too
plus what the pp said

still learning
Old 02-23-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
What do you all do for carrying your keys and wallet while wearing the beco butterfly II?
a little purse

Berkeley mom of 3 and President of Tender Cargo Baby Gear
and The Nurture Center Store and Resource Center 3399 Mt Diablo Bl Lafayette CA 888-998-BABY
Old 02-24-2010, 03:13 PM

pockets are handy! My ring sling has a pocket and I love to use it
But the Beco is an awesome carrier. I just put my stuff in a little purse or I put it in my pockets. It would be handy if they had a built in pocket in them.

Jen, mom of Alisha (09/18/04) and Luke (02/18/09)
Owner of Down to Earth Baby Gear http://www.cloth-diaper.ca Cloth diapers, baby carriers and More!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! My Beco should arrive any day. I ordered a cross body purse, It was $6 bucks on amazon. I used to use those little pouch/pocket style purses all the time. Problem solved!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:38 PM

I've used a carabiner clip to keep track of my keys (especially at the park) clipped to a sling or my pants...

** Proud WAHM (DS 10, DD 7) & Happy Wife to DH (29 and holding...) Homebirther & Homeschooler because home is where my heart is **
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 PM

Can you just sew a little pocket on? That's what I did for my sling, I just hand stitched a wee pocket on in a complimentary fabric color and I use it to hold my keys and my wallet.

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.

User Tag List