Infantino Wrap-tie - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-09-2010, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Any reviews/thoughts on this mei tai like carrier?

http://www.infantino.com/Carriers/Wrap_Tie_Carrier.php

It would be really affordable with the 20% off coupon, and I can't figure out my sling, and I'd like to transition out of the moby wrap.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#2 of 9 Old 03-09-2010, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't tried that particular carrier, but I also won't support that manufacturer after the negligence they've shown through the continued sales of their bag slings..
#3 of 9 Old 03-10-2010, 02:08 AM

Reading over at TheBabywearer it appears it is a fairly well made mei tai, although one mother complained it felt cheap.

However, the Infantino mei tai design was stolen from CatBird Baby. Apparently Infantino ordered a CatBird mei tai, copied the design, added a few loops for the shoulder straps to run through (in order to make it fit safety standards for leg openings) and called it theirs.
You would think they would have at least had the decency to pay Beth, at CatBird, for her design.

And as mentioned they are the maker of the SlingRider, a bag sling that puts babies at risk of suffocating.

Infantino is an unethical company.

M'Liss
#4 of 9 Old 03-10-2010, 07:13 PM

I wouldn't buy anything from a company that has had two of their carriers recalled.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#5 of 9 Old 03-10-2010, 11:04 PM

I completely agree with all PP's. IMHO, the do not have our children's safety in mind and only their pockets. Very sad.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#6 of 9 Old 03-12-2010, 12:29 AM

I would never buy from that company on principal...
#7 of 9 Old 03-12-2010, 03:29 PM

I absolutely wouldn't support that company either.. very interesting that they stole that design, though not surprising

You definitely don't have to spend $100+ on a good mei tai, try the FSOT board on thebabywearer.com, or search for mei tai on Etsy, there are plenty of affordable well-made carriers available there and you will be supporting a WAHM I'm not familiar with all the Etsy sellers, so if you go that route I'd maybe find a carrier you like and post to ask if anyone else has bought from them to make sure their carriers are good quality and safe.
#8 of 9 Old 03-12-2010, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Got it! No infantino for me! I'll keep looking for a mei tai. I'm very unhappy with the zolo we bought, and would feel more comfortable buying from someplace that accepts returns.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#9 of 9 Old 03-13-2010, 06:33 PM

I know there are a few places that do returns.. Slings I Love and Sweet Pickles are both WAHM-run places with quality carriers that will accept returns. I'm sure there are others, just check the fine print on their websites or email and ask if it's an Etsy seller.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page