Looking for recommendations... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-25-2010, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Around the house I use a Moby. While out and about for extended periods I use a Mei Tai. I love how both of these keep him close and I can cover his head (it's wobbly when he's tired), but the key is that his weight is distributed over both my shoulders (read: ring slings are not a favorite of mine).

With that in mind, I'm looking for something that is good for a quick run into the grocery store or a simple 10 minute errand that doesn't involve these long straps on the ground in the parking lot.

Thoughts?

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 PM

Maybe something like a K'tan? They look pretty simple to put on and pop baby in and out of. I am thinking about making one this time around.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#3 of 6 Old 03-25-2010, 07:24 PM

They have Ergos on Babysteals today- those are quick and have no dangling parts.

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#4 of 6 Old 03-25-2010, 08:48 PM

I second the K'Tan opinion. I just found one at a second hand sale and was thrilled. Baby isn't here yet, but my older dd was worn in a mei tie, a pouch and a Bjorn, so I have tried out some different styles. I tried on the K'Tan and liked that it was already "tied up" so no long straps. It seems pretty easy to use, and I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Mom to Delia  (5/25/07) and Alex  (4/10/10) and 2 spoiled kitties
#5 of 6 Old 03-26-2010, 02:18 AM

Have you tried pre-tying the Moby or the mei tai on at home, and then popping the baby in once you get to the store? There are photo instructions for pre-tying a MT here, scroll down to "pop em in for front carry."

Mama lady to my lady baby born 3/09 on the kitchen floor.  Looking forward to seeing which room's floor the next one will be born on in October.  love.gif
#6 of 6 Old 03-27-2010, 02:37 AM

Errands- in and out of the car- having an impatient 17 month old waiting- I love my K'tan. Great for that purpose.
Don't like my Ergo so much for that, it's pretty bulky and with wobbly head- I had to buy a heart2heart insert, which makes it even bulkier. (DS2 is 11 weeks, o.k. head control, but no enough to go unsupported).
Didn't like the sling either for reasons of weight distribution, and bending down to pick up a pair of "lost" shoes from DS1 ,or anything for that matter, was an issue.
So I go for the K'tan.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page