sling to gift for a friend's 2nd - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-26-2010, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My good friend is due with her second - her first will be 2 yrs 3 months when the 2nd is born - & I think a sling is going to save her life! She didn't really get into it last time around. She had a Baby Bjorn that hurt her back (duh) & a friend gave her a wrap that she found too intimidating to use. Would an Ergo be a good one? I used one with DD but only from 4 months - is it any good for breastfeeding in when using the infant insert? I saw a mum the other day with what looked like a wrap/Ergo hybrid - it had a snap waistband - any idea what that might be?
#2 of 3 Old 03-26-2010, 07:32 PM

An ergo would be ok with a small baby if you also bought the infant insert. A Pikkolo would probably work as it has a bottom that can be cinched narrower for tiny babies. Also a Beco butterfly or an Olives and Applesauce may work as they have internal harnesses.

I'm not sure what the carrier you saw was.
#3 of 3 Old 03-27-2010, 02:30 PM

I personally didn't like the infant insert with the Ergo (returned it, actually), but I LOVE the Ergo so freaking much for bigger/older babies (like 4+ months).

For newborns my fave is the Moby, but you mention she was intimidated by a wrap in the past. (The Moby is actually super easy after you practice tying it on once or twice.)

Mom to dd (8), ds (6), and dd (1)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page