Mothering Forum banner

Boba or Ergo

994 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  marinak1977 
#1 ·
Hi Mamas,

My 4 month old LOVES her Bjorn, but I was just reading that the Bjorn doesn't support her spine, and I could ultimately being doing more harm than good by babywearing her in it.

Dh told me to buy another carrier, so I started the research and went through a lot of posts here, but now she's up so I can't do more than post and ask you. . . .do you use the Boba or the Ergo, and why? They LOOK very very similar. I need something that will grow with her as long as possible because they are so expensive I'm going to buy only one.

Help, and thank you so much!!!

DD is 4 months and 16 pounds already. A good 25 and half inches!

#2 ·
The Boba is actually created for kids over one year old. At four months, your LO may be swimming in it. The Ergo is a shorter carrier so LO will see out sooner, but it also may not be useful for quite so long.

I think that were I in your position, I would look for a mei tai so I could wear the waist apron style to take up a little height now, and still have flexible room to grow going forward. If you are intent on buckles, there are a lot of other SSCs out there to consider as well.

#3 ·
You may have seen this already, but Boba compares the two on their website. Of course it is the Boba website so take so of their their product comes out better, but it does fairly compare the two if you exculde the flowery descriptions.

We started with the Bjorn as well, then moved to the Ergo (which didn't work for us, too bulky and didn't fit me well) and finally ended up with the Boba. I love it, my DD isn't yet a year old, but I feel very safe carrying her in it. My DD is 16.5lbs and 26.5", she is 8.5 months. Both the Ergo and Boba's weight recommendation is the same (15-45lbs), but the Ergo has an infant insert.
Good Luck!

http://www.bobababycarrier.com/index...o-baby-carrier

#5 ·
FWIW I love my ergo - DS is 4 months and fits in it great and if he is really fussy and wants to face out I can let him stand in it and support him (a makeshift carry and I can't let go off him, but it still takes his weight off my arms). I also find the Ergo easiest to nurse in compared to my MT, and I can walk in it for really long periods of time without straining my back. I do love my MT as well for it's versatility - did my first high back carry with it today and DS loved it, because he could see.
I will eventually get another SSC as he gets older, but I'm an addict.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.