f/u to `dude babywearing sucks` - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i went to that babywearing support group/workshop today, where we tried on a moby at 1:10pm. at 1:11pm my life had changed forever. thankyou so much to all you chicks who gave me advice and support i now would feel comfortable trying other more complicated carriers as well. but for now, we are a psyched moby fam! thanks guys!

joy.gifplay-at-home mom to eb, who graced us with her presence 3/2010, and hopefully to several more down the road!
energy.gifbaby-dancin like crazy for #2 since julyPeace.gif[darn that bf'ing! winky.gif]
no whey!peace.gif
#2 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 07:08 PM

Yay! That's good news.

We loved our Moby too

My Etsy Shop
Acorn Dolls~Wool Felt Crowns~Children's Craft Kits~Shooting Stars~Dancing Fairy Rings~Come On Over and Play!
#3 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 08:17 PM

Woo-hoo! I was just about to post in your other thread because I saw you said you were in CT... we have a babywearing meet-up this Friday in West Hartford, if that's close enough to you to be worth the drive you are more then welcome to join us. Here's the link to our email list http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralCTBabywearers

So glad you found something that's working for you. Isn't it awesome when it finally just clicks?

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#4 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 10:23 PM

I"m so glad you found something that worked! I've helped quite a few parents try out different carriers, and I have to say, the look of relief on the face of a mama who came in with her baby in a bjorn-style carrier, when she puts her little one into a mei-tai or a moby - it's priceless. They just walk around in a daze for a few minutes, saying 'I can't believe how much more comfortable this is!'

Lindsay, mama to Owen (06.08) and Sadie (05.11) wool.gifpartner to the amazing J. 
#5 of 13 Old 05-25-2010, 11:21 AM

I have a moby, but it is approaching summer, and my son gets overwarm so fast!! Any ideas?
#6 of 13 Old 05-25-2010, 11:33 AM

Yay! Love the Moby!

Mom to dd (8), ds (6), and dd (1)

#7 of 13 Old 05-25-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdingmyson View Post
I have a moby, but it is approaching summer, and my son gets overwarm so fast!! Any ideas?
If you like wrapping, you may want to look into a cotton gauze wrap- Wrapsody is a pretty well known brand, but you can also make one pretty easily. They are very lightweight and breathable. However, because it's woven and not stretchy, you will need to wrap it a little differently then the Moby or other stretchy wraps. In addition to gauze wraps, there are other woven wraps that are very breathable, such as ones made with a cotton linen blend. They will be more expensive though.

If you think you might want to move on from wrapping, a linen ring sling would be a nice choice. A mei tai would be good too. It just kind of depends on your baby's age and what types of positions you are looking to do. I hope you find something that fits the bill!

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#8 of 13 Old 05-27-2010, 05:38 PM

I think that this is the start of a wrap addiction.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#9 of 13 Old 05-27-2010, 08:26 PM

I just realized f/u stood for "follow up"

I'm a bit of a wrap addict, and I think the Moby is like a gateway drug! Welcome to the dark side!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#10 of 13 Old 05-27-2010, 08:27 PM

gateway drug is an excellent way to describe it.

the darkside of babywearing comes with beautiful wraps tho!! I love being here!!

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#11 of 13 Old 05-30-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
I just realized f/u stood for "follow up"

I'm a bit of a wrap addict, and I think the Moby is like a gateway drug! Welcome to the dark side!
EXACTLY was I was thinking....with re:to f/u.
#12 of 13 Old 06-01-2010, 11:22 AM

"f/u" Me too!

DD#1 arrived 2/7/10!
#13 of 13 Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Carlin;15454033] I just realized f/u stood for "follow up"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovergirl View Post
Woo-hoo! I was just about to post in your other thread because I saw you said you were in CT... we have a babywearing meet-up this Friday in West Hartford, if that's close enough to you to be worth the drive you are more then welcome to join us.
thanks so much. west hartford is a bit of a hike, especially since dd is still eating on a very erratic schedule [and as a bonus, hates riding in the car]. but i will keep the link handy and you guys in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdingmyson View Post
i noticed the same thing almost immediately and was so bummed. so i just made my own. there's some great tips [widths, fabrics, etc] at wearyourbaby.org.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almadianna View Post
I think that this is the start of a wrap addiction.
yes. yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSomm View Post
"f/u" Me too!
ha ha sorry!

joy.gifplay-at-home mom to eb, who graced us with her presence 3/2010, and hopefully to several more down the road!
energy.gifbaby-dancin like crazy for #2 since julyPeace.gif[darn that bf'ing! winky.gif]
no whey!peace.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page