BOBA Organic - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2010, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any experience with the BOBA Organic baby carrier? I have the Moby Organic wrap, but it is just so hard to use. Plus, I don't think my baby is very comfortable in it. He is 7 months old now, and I really want to something to help me carry him. Right now, I'm just using my arms. Let me tell you, 20 pounds of baby in my arms for most of the day gets heavy! TIA!

Wife to DH (11/93) and mom to DS (11/09). gd.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifsaynovax.gifslingboy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 12:02 PM

We have one and love it! Very comfortable for both of us. It is recommended for a year and up, but I have been using with my LO since 8 months and about 17lbs. Also, even though the age recommendation is off, the weight recommendation is the same as the Ergo (15-45lbs). Anyway, we are really into the back carry these days. The only downfall for us is that is doesn't offer a forward facing option (but neither do most).
Good luck!

Mama to Madelynn 8/16/2009 and awaiting buggy #2 March/2011 , partner to DH

Old 06-06-2010, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply! I am going to order one today!

Wife to DH (11/93) and mom to DS (11/09). gd.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifsaynovax.gifslingboy.gif
Old 11-10-2010, 09:50 PM

I didn't see an age recommendation on it, just that it is not recommended for LO's under 15 lbs. I've been using mine for about 6 wks w/ my 8 mo old, we used the moby on a daily basis before. It is WONDERFUL!! I even use it with my 3 yo sometimes. It is soooo comfortable and worth the money bc I do not use a stroller. It is a breeze to get baby in and out. I've also found that my POP symptoms have dramatically improved since switching to this carrier from the moby (I never used the moby for back carry though). The straight forward design means babysitters like trying it out while they are very intimidated by the moby. I love the moby for a younger baby but the bob will definitely get me through toddlerhood!

Proud Army wife to my best friend, mama to River (5/07) and Willow (2/10)
......... i love my life! ..........

Tags
Babywearing
User Tag List