moby holds for 2 month old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2010, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a moby for my 10 week old son and I use it probably every other day or so and he loves the hug hold but if he isn't sleeping he wants to look around. he can hold his head up but I can't count on that for long. so I feel like I need to be holding his head and that defeats the hands free idea with 2 other kids around. Neither of us have been comfortable with the cradle hold. not sure if I am doing it right. it seems too tight. so what other positions can I use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 AM

I have a ten week old too and we're in the same issue, so I've just resigned to using a SSC and will try the wrap again when he can hold his head.

Katie,  sahm to two wild and crazy guys banana.gif (8/07) and  bouncy.gif (3/10) and their sweet new baby sister baby.gif (4-1-13) 

Old 06-07-2010, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver's Mama View Post

I have a ten week old too and we're in the same issue, so I've just resigned to using a SSC and will try the wrap again when he can hold his head.
I only have the moby, what is the SSC?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 PM

I have the moby & luckily my dd loves the cradle hold although the first few times I tried she screamed and screamed and I couldnt figure out what was wrong until I saw a vide on it on youtube -can't find it, sorry-. Basically I was wearing her to low. I should be able to look down and kiss her forehead-problem solved! she can look around but turn her head in when she gets sleepy but of course she only tires out when i walk her around for 10 minutes and the bouncing knocks her out! I hope you get the hang of it because it is an awesome wrap, the only babywearing device I've found that works for us! You could also try to pull up the band around your waist all the way up to support his head, just make sure his face isn't in the fabric and he can breathe!

Goodluck!

*Courtney*
Old 06-08-2010, 04:08 PM

SSC is for soft-structured carrier. Kinda like the mainstream carriers (baby bjorn) you'll find at babiesrus or something, but offering more support for baby and parent with a wider seat and a waistband for the wearer.

here are some examples:
http://www.actionbabycarriers.com/

http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/

http://www.becobabycarrier.com/

Katie,  sahm to two wild and crazy guys banana.gif (8/07) and  bouncy.gif (3/10) and their sweet new baby sister baby.gif (4-1-13) 

User Tag List