Ergo weight disbursement - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-10-2010, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I really want to get an Ergo. I have a Bjorn but can no longer use it as DS has reached the weight limit & it hurts my shoulders/neck. Plus, I've been reading not so great things about the Bjorn here on MDC.

I like the idea of still using a carrier even though DS is almost 14mos & walking - I do think we'd still use it.

My question: Does it ever hurt anyone's hips to wear the Ergo, especially with an older baby/toddler?
The reason I'm wondering is that I read that the Ergo spreads the baby's weight over the carrier's hips instead of their shoulders. I sometimes have hip pain (could be from carrying DS on my hip w/o a carrier, though). Do you think the Ergo could aggravate an already existing hip issue?

Thanks!

Erin - mama to my happy little guy, born April 09  kewl.gif

and my sweet baby, born July 12  babygirl.gif

#2 of 3 Old 06-10-2010, 12:58 AM

I have odd hips (tend to dislocate) and the ergo doesn't hurt them at all. I actually prefer my kozy, but the ergo doesn't hurt my hips at all.

-Angela
#3 of 3 Old 06-11-2010, 11:10 PM

The Ergo hurt my hips pretty badly. I also found that the body of the Ergo is too short for my toddler. Having said that, i quickly found there are many more wonderful carriers that don't hurt my hips and are taller than the Ergo. Some are customs and harder to get but some like the Oh snap, easy to find. Olives & Applesauce is another good one that is easy to find and much prettier than ergo!

Mama to one 2 yr. old tornado banana.gif

Tags
Babywearing , Ergo Baby Carrier , Baby Bjorn

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page