Anyone have experience with a babyhawk mei tai? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2010, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking at buying one but i don't know if it'll work for a toddler too. I think I read somewhere one size is for both infants and toddlers but wasn't sure. Also are they comfy? are they hot or breathable? For the price they are selling I want to make sure it's perfect.

BFPChart2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2010, 04:09 PM

DDCC -
I have one and used it for my toddler (at the time) and then my massive 3month old after the moby couldn't hold him anymore (it got too stretchy)

Its warm, but I think you have to be mindful of the fabric you pick. We have some pretty thick fabric selections for the panels (we got the reversable one) and it can get warm. Not overly warm/hot, but warm. Its a great spring/fall carrier for us now in WI and we need something more breathable for our humid/hot summers.

I found it to be comfy, but somewhat tricky to adjust (like getting the child snug in the back carry) compared to an ergo or beco.

HTH!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 06-10-2010, 05:44 PM

I have an angel pack mei tei which is very similar. I can't remember why I picked it over the Baby Hawk - it may of been price.

I used it from the time DD1 was newborn until she was past 2 and I got pregnant again. I loved it and found it really easy to use, although I was a bit confused about the back pack carry because in order to get it to feel comfortable I had to criss cross the straps across my chest, which was doable with my small breasts but it may look awkward if you are larger busted.

I would be interested to hear how other mom's used it for a back pack carry.

Me: Shannon (33) mom to DD Everly born May 9, 2007 and Maisie born May 26
: : :
Old 06-10-2010, 05:52 PM

I have had one since dd2 was born and used it when she was just days old. I LOOOOVE IT!

I haven't used it yet for this LO, but that's because she actually sleeps without needing to be on me :

The one I have I think would be a little warm outside in the heat, but I wear a headcover and full length overgarment so I tend to be more warm anyway

As for size, I just bought a regular and folded up the bottom for when the babes were little and then used it as normal when they were toddlers..

hth!

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

User Tag List