Thinner fabric alternative to a Moby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-11-2010, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I LOVE my Moby, but it's hot...really hot. Now that we're getting into the hot time of the year, I need something cooler. I've looked into cotton gauze wraps like Wombfruit, but I want something that is stretchy like a Moby, just thinner.

Any suggestions, especially for WAHMs?

jamie. crinkly (not quite crunchy) mama to 3 amazing little girls, an awesome little boy, and a baby girl making her debut at the end of this summer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 06-11-2010, 04:24 PM

i really love cotton gauze! but if you want stretch you will have to go synthetic...i would just go to the fabric store and feel around.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#3 of 8 Old 06-11-2010, 09:55 PM

Gypsy Mama/ Wrapsody Bali Baby Stretch (BBS) wraps are a little less stretchy than the Moby and much thinner, you could look into one of those
#4 of 8 Old 06-11-2010, 11:33 PM

Another option is to look for a bamboo blend. They are usually super soft and light weight. The only thing I would be worried about is a stretch wrap not being supportive enough once your baby is bigger. But if your little one is still small and doesn't weigh a ton like my chunkers did, then it's probably worth it.

Ruth, mama to 2 little monkeys and owner of Zerberts
Helping you find the perfect baby carrier! Risk Free Shopping and FREE SHIPPING!
#5 of 8 Old 01-29-2011, 02:35 PM

I second the recommendation for a Gypsy Mama - Wrapsody Bali Stretch wrap. They are all cotton jersey knit but are very supportive and not at all as stretchy as a Moby or Sleepy. Also, much thinner and cooler.

#6 of 8 Old 01-29-2011, 06:04 PM

I third the Gypsy Mama Bali Stretch - my dd is 18 months and 23lbs and I still wear her like a newborn in it.  I also know people that can wrap their 4 year olds in it for short periods of time.  :)  If you want a really stretchy but super thin wrap Sugar Sweet Baby Bamboo wraps are wonderful for summer newborns but you'll probably need a new wrap by fall or winter.

#7 of 8 Old 01-29-2011, 08:42 PM

I really like the Gypsy Mama Bali Stretch, but for hot weather, I love the Gypsy Mama Bali Baby Breeze. It's gauzy and still has stretch. It's also supportive enough for back carries and big babies. I wore my DD in it yesterday and she is 23 pounds.
Love all the Gypsy Mama colors! smile.gif

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#8 of 8 Old 01-29-2011, 08:45 PM

The breeze is fabulous too! smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page