Issue with the Ergo carrier - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have bought the ERGO baby carrier. I love it. My back doesn't hurt, DD falls asleep without a problem, she likes being carried in it as well. So far I have carried her in the front and on the side. I'm not comfortable with the back carry, she's only 6 months and I feel like I want to be able to see her.

But here's the problem: the sides cut into her legs, right under her knees. It leaves red marks for a long time after she's out. I don't know whether it hurts her, she doesn't cry in it. Has anybody had the same problem? Is my carrier defective? (It looks fine though.) It's from where the body of the carrier meets the seam that connects to the waist belt. It's rough to the touch. Or am I doing something wrong???

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 PM

As long as she's positioned properly (bottom lower than knees), normal and expected to see markings.

When baby's legs are out contact marks will happen with any type of non-stretchy carrier (for example an Ergo or Mei Tai, but not with a Moby).

When my son has his head against my arm and falls asleep nursing, I often had a red, raised imprint of his ear on my arm but it doesn't hurt or otherwise bother me. I just chalk it up to extended contact

HTH

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-17-2010, 01:20 AM

If it doesn't seem to be hurting her, it's probably fine. I guess the only thing I would check is, does it feel like it's too tight? If it's really pressing against her leg there, you might try loosening the straps that control how long it is through the torso.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page