help me figure out the "woven" wrap - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2010, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I made my own woven wrap out of crinkle cotton but it is standard (5 metres by 22 inches?) size ish. We have used wraps a lot but mainly cuddly/moby/jersey stretchy ones and I find they are easier to get the fit right...put dd in the wrap tonight and it was nice and cool (why the switch) but awkward and the fabric didn't slide as easily as the jersey, but we live in a hotter area of canada and the jersey is just too snug and not breathable enough. Help!? DD is about 15 lbs and 4 months. Also what are the ebst carries for hto weather with that age?

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 03:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The gauze should start to slide a bit easier as it becomes more broken in (with washing/use), but crinkle cotton is more textured that jersey, so it likely just won't slide as easily.

For hot weather carries in a long wrap I like a front wrap cross carry without the crosses spead. Just leave them bunched and cross under the baby's bum and tie in back. Don't spread the crosses over the baby's body, and you'll only have one layer over baby. Ruck carries are a good single layer carry if you want to carry baby on your back.

Gauze/crinkle cotton is definitely cooler for summer, but as your baby get older and heavier you may find you want the extra width/support of a heavier woven wrap.

User Tag List