Own ergo and pouch, buy sleepy wrap? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-03-2010, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2.5 month old that is 11lbs and own an Ergo and a hotsling. Hotsling is uncomfortable after a while and the ergo seems a little big for her (I don't own the infant insert).

Should I buy a sleepy wrap as an interim? I am not handy so don't know how to make one. I don't want to spend anymore money on bw but I do want something that in the interim so carry baby for longer than an hour or so. Your thoughts are appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-03-2010, 07:28 PM

If you are going to spend money on the sleepy wrap, why not spend the money on the insert for the ergo?
#3 of 7 Old 07-03-2010, 08:19 PM

i love my wrap but i have a moby and a DIY cotton gauze wrap

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#4 of 7 Old 07-03-2010, 09:54 PM

I have a sleepy wrap in my stash and I love it. I really appreciated having it when DD got sick. I was able to go topless with her naked skin to skin while I did things in our yard and around the house. It is her favorite snuggly carrier.
#5 of 7 Old 07-04-2010, 01:55 AM

I loved our Moby wrap when DD was a little smaller but it is way too hot to use it right now.

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#6 of 7 Old 07-05-2010, 02:07 AM

I do love stretchy wraps, like the Sleepy Wrap, for newborns and young infants. Just keep in mind that once the baby weighs 15-20lbs or so most people find that stretchy wraps are not as supportive as they would like, due to their bounce and give. Since you already have the Ergo as the next step up though, I think a Sleepy Wrap would be a worthwhile buy for you. I'd actually recommend it over the Ergo infant insert as the insert would probably be way too hot to use now in the summer, it's pretty bulky.
Hope that helps.

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#7 of 7 Old 07-05-2010, 12:24 PM

I would think it would depend on your LO. I thought about getting the infant insert for the Ergo, but my 4mo 15+ lb DD cries whenever I try to put her in the Ergo at all. The Sleepy Wrap has been great--and still is. I'd look at a Moby though... they seem a little less stretchy than the Sleepy Wrap, which tends to stretch a little too much, esp as she's grown.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page