To stash or to pass on? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Should I keep or sell carriers that are too small for DS?
keep the carriers - you'll use them again and then pass along 21 77.78%
pass along now - let others enjoy these now 6 22.22%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-04-2010, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi babywearing mamas, I need some opinions. DS is 6 months and is growing out of our first babycarriers. We want to have more squishies but it won't happen for a couple of years. So - I'm debating between putting the carriers away along with the baby clothes, or putting him up for sale so that another mama can enjoy them (I would then re-buy these when we're expecting again)
I have a mobywrap, a mei tai baby, and the new ergo infant insert we no longer use. A pikkolo would be joining these ranks in a little while. So here's the dilemma.

On one hand - keeping these would be cheaper in the long run and I'm already storing away the baby clothes.

On the other hand - It's fun to shop for carriers and I should be able to find the $$ in the budget in the future (hopefully), I won't have to take up more storage space, and these carriers can be loved by another mama who will get a good deal.
I think I'm leaning towards passing these along so they can have more life. Please convince me one way or another.

sleepytime.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2010, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

sorry meant to make this a poll, but now I can't add one.

sleepytime.gif
Old 07-04-2010, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
this is how i desided what to do. if i loved it in color, fabric or style/fit. ask yourself this question if you could not find this carrier again whould you be crushed? for me the pikkolo was no question i was keeping. that carrier costs to much to sell for cheap and then have to buy it back again. i treat the carriers the same way i do clothing and shoes if i am not in love with them then i let them go.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemizflava View Post
this is how i desided what to do. if i loved it in color, fabric or style/fit. ask yourself this question if you could not find this carrier again whould you be crushed? for me the pikkolo was no question i was keeping. that carrier costs to much to sell for cheap and then have to buy it back again. i treat the carriers the same way i do clothing and shoes if i am not in love with them then i let them go.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemizflava View Post
I agree, I ended up lending my moby and my ring sling out , but ultimately they are back in my closet and ready to be used again. I'm so excited to babywear again!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 07-07-2010, 01:57 AM

I'm torn with this sometimes too... I say, keep it. I've gotten rid of a couple of items that I really wish I wouldn't have. And, now that we are ready to try new things, I'm using the older things to get the money for new loves. I say if you are torn, keep it. You'll know when to pass it on.

In chronological order, not in order of importance.. I am a biologist, wife, mother of a 'Lil one Cd'ing, Bw'ing, AP'ing, Bf'ing, momma and one of 'the green pair'.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:35 PM

I kept all of mine (and glad I did) and buy more! Now that I have baby#2, I am branching out into wovens. I might parse down my stash, but then again -- probably not! LOL.

Hi. I'm Michelle and I'm a babywearing addict. :\

Michelle --- AMAzing Mama to DD1 (04.07) & DD2 (05.10)    
Old 07-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Banned

Same here. I kept my stash and I ended up using a few of the ones I thought I wouldn't want with the second. I'll pass mine along when I'm done having babies. In the meantime, I loan them out to trusted friends if I'm not using them.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:15 AM

I'd probably give them up if I felt I'd like a different one more... for instance, I got a moby wrap with this kiddo and although I liked it, I sold it (actually, it got lost in the mail so I really lost it ) because it wasn't a color I was super excited about. I got a neutral color in case my husband ever wore the kiddo but its pretty clear now he will never be wearing a baby so I want something prettier that I really love. Maybe I won't get a moby again, but if I do, it'll be one I love for more than just its function.

I just include cost of extras like that in my planning for another child.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:42 AM

I would give out everything but the Met Tai Baby.. as those I don;t see on fsot very often

User Tag List