Babywearing twins: Hit me with your best recs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-05-2010, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What I have:
an old school Ergo that I found for $5 at a thrift store
a Maya wrap that really shouldn't be used anymore-- I have used it for 3 kids and the fabric is starting to slip at the rings
a Moby wrap

So, what do I need to babywear twins?

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2010, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Two things worked for me. Although I will admit that I didn't wear them as much as I wore my singleton babes.

When they were really young (newborn to about 4-5 months) I would wear them both in a moby wrap. They spent many an hour snuggled up together in there. But eventually, I found them just too big and heavy.

After 5 months when I needed to carry both of them at the same time I would use an Ergo for a back carry and a mei tei for a front carry. You could probably use the moby wrap for the front and the Ergo for the back. I just found the mei tei easier to tie on than the moby once I already had someone on my back.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I've never used the Moby, but there are two mamas in our homeschool co-op who know how, so I will have to get them to show me.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 09-07-2010, 02:22 PM

The moby for sure, while they're little, and since you have used a rs, you can wear 2 rs to put one on each hip.

Mama to twins, my little guy, and
Old 09-07-2010, 02:42 PM

make sure you go to the moby website, they have great info on how to use their wrap. My cousin who has 4 month old twins wears them in her Moby all the time.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Old 09-07-2010, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I didn't have twins, but I did in-home daycare for a baby the same age as my son & we lived on the 3rd floor so any time I took them out of the house, I had to be wearing both for safety, and if I wanted to be able to carry a single other thing. My experience is from roughly 6-15 months

I used the ergo/mei tai combo for a while (I think I did mei tai on the back, clip ergo on the front though) but eventually switched to 2 ergos front and back. I was pretty comfy like that for a few hours a day until they hit 45lbs combined.

I did have multiple pouch slings for hip carries but I never found that amazingly useful -- too much baby bulk to get much done, and too much weight directly on my hips to walk much of a distance. I mostly just use them single when one was having a rough time during the day.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Old 10-06-2010, 10:32 PM

thebabywearer.com has a forum on Wearing More Than One, where you can find more help, and pics.

Mama to twins, my little guy, and

Tags
Babywearing , Ergo Baby , Maya Wrap , Moby Wrap
User Tag List