recs for a new mama - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-20-2004, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is great! I think I've got a handle on the diping. I need to decide on slings.
#2 of 7 Old 03-20-2004, 01:38 PM

Do you know what you like as far as pouch, rings, fabric, etc?

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#3 of 7 Old 03-20-2004, 02:00 PM

If you're looking for an unpadded ring sling, I rec a Piggy Sling. I love mine. My ds is 13mo and 21+ poungs...he still rides very comfortably on my hip.

I'd also suggest looking at the Moby Wrap (I've been drooling over this for months) and the Kozy Carrier. I know the Kozy is custom made and takes some time to receive, so I'd order soon.

I also love my Baby Trekker but I think that would be overwhelming for a brand new baby.
#4 of 7 Old 03-20-2004, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas. Well, I think I might like the pouches. I'm in NC, so not the KK fleece one. I tend to lean toward organic and natural materials.... I'm afraid I might have too big a learning curve with the wraps....the NN looks nice; but, I think adjustable would be nice...a mama mentioned Pea in a Pods...I'm on the list now...I think a mama mentioned Kozy too...isn't she closed I though? She had a baby? :

I have to remember I need to jump to this forum too.

eta: I'm concerned about my back....so I thought the ergo might be a good idea. I saw that they have an insert for nbs now?
#5 of 7 Old 03-20-2004, 11:53 PM

OMG Letia! I see your prayers have been answered! I'm dancing a jig and singing a praise for you.

I love love love my Kozy Carrier. Kelley is pregnant but still taking orders. She found a seamstress to help her with orders, but there's still a wait so if you think you want one, I would go ahead and order soon. I like my Maya Wrap, but ds is heavy and wiggly and I need a carrier that centers the weight so my back doesn't hurt. I loved the Maya when he was tiny though.

I like the NNBC for the hip carry, but that's it because I prefer to be able to adjust the carrier/sling so I know baby is snug and safe.

PS- the Ergo is nice too, but I've short waisted and wide hipped and get a better (and more comfortable!) fit with the Kozy Carrier.
#6 of 7 Old 03-21-2004, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, Michelle! \o/ Ohhhhhhhhh....she's got help...ag Well, I better make myself a decision!
#7 of 7 Old 03-22-2004, 12:08 AM

I've got a KKAFP and I love it For summer I am considering a Hotsling ( www.hotslings.com ) or a KKACP. I'm in South Louisiana so I know hot Since I haven't needed to adjust the KKAFP I haven't really seen a need to have it adjustable : Maybe when babe gets older, he is already big enough ( 15+lbs at 3 mos)...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page