new forum roll call... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 112 Old 03-21-2004, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm Kaylee and am anticipating the arrival of my 2nd daughter so I can try out our zolo! I had both a snuggli sling and front carrier with my first daughter. Hated the snuggli sling so did my daughter. We really liked the snuggli front carrier and DH used it a lot. However, the pattern was a little immature for our taste. I just consigned/sold both of those carriers. And, picked up a Baby Bjorn for my husband for $20!

I really need to test out the zolo without babe to get comfortable with it first...but I've been so intimidated by it! I don't know why!
#62 of 112 Old 03-21-2004, 08:43 PM

Me me me!

We have no one in a sling right now (Hunter is 30 months old and refuses it!) but will have Adam in one the minute we need to get up! I'm going to be trying the MamaBabySling, chosen for its stretchy jersey knit.

We also have a OTSBH and a borrowed Maya wrap. Will let you know which one works for Adam! For Hunter, we used the OTSBH. He loved it... At least untill he could walk. After that, no dice, Mama!
#63 of 112 Old 03-21-2004, 11:32 PM

I'm so excited that there is a babywearing forum.

Right now I almost exclusively use my red cotton Zolo on my 6.5 month DS.
#64 of 112 Old 03-21-2004, 11:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChiknGirl
[B]Anneliese is 10 months and she's loved her KangarooKorner Fleece Pouch from day 1, literally. I'm very interested in trying a wrap style sling since she also enjoys riding on my back in our Tough Traveller backpack.

You might also try a Kozy. Though not as versatile as a wrap, it is very comfortable. I wear mine everytime I need to do the dishes
http://www.geocities.com/kozycarrier/
#65 of 112 Old 03-21-2004, 11:53 PM

HOORAY!! I'm soooo happy to see this forum here!! Like I need more help spending $$ :LOL :LOL MDC has already done some damage to my diaper budget...

Anyway, I am Liz , mama to 3mo old Evan. I am currently a sling buyin' fool :LOL

I have a KKAFP ( which I have used from day 2 and DH has one too and loves it ), a black silk Zolo( which everyone asks me about), and a Bjorn( which I really don't like).

On order, I have a KK solarveil, and I'm on the waiting like for a Kozy( I can't wait!)

I am currently considering a Hotsling or a KKACP....

Glad to meet other babywearing mamas
#66 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 05:40 AM

I love baby wearing! I mainly just sling my 10 month old now, but I do periodically carry my 3 year old in a sling too. I have 2 Maya Wraps (one for each kid), an OTSBH, a rebozo, and a couple other pouch-type slings that I've picked up at 2nd hand stores. I only use my Mayas anymore because I love them so much, and they've become like second nature for me to use. I'm embarrassed that I don't recognize many of the brands that are being mentioned on this thread. Looks like I might need to do some shopping!!!

Judy mom to Dash (9), Corbin (7) and Will (3) :
#67 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 05:49 AM

We've got a homemade sling, a hiphammock, a wilkinet and a kangaroo korner fleece sling ~ but I must admit that I do just tend to use the hip hammock most often, and the kanga when pottering in my greenhouse!
#68 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Banned

Aw, I miss babywearing. My kid is 4 now and we don't use a sling for 2 years now. He's big. I wish there a carrier for his age and size.

I first used a padded sling (I forgot the name), then I used a homemade Maya Wrap style sling made by a very lovely person with a very lovely light breath trough fabric until it couldn't hold anymore, then a real Maya Wrap.
#69 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 12:09 PM

hi! i'm fyrfly and my dd is 2yo. unfortunately, she doesn't like to sling anymore but when we DID sling, we liked to use our Taylor Made Treasures mesh sling the most. we also used a new native baby carrier.

we didn't start slinging till she was nearly 1. we very briefly used a sling when she was newborn. well, my mom used it! this was b4 we knew how great they were!
#70 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 12:57 PM

I'd been away from the boards for a while & sooooo happy to find this forum today!!

We are slowly headed away from our sling... someone is getting too independent. I primarily use a maya with ds. Sometimes with dd too.

Dh, on the other hand, showed a huge spark of interest in a hip carrier the other day...my next purchase...I think so!!

Angela: Mum to 3 & wife to the man in the funny suit.

#71 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 01:05 PM

Hi all! Aaron is 13 months, and in the KKAFP, KKACP, or kozy carrier!
#72 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 01:07 PM

i am soo psyched! a fellow mama just told me about this forum...how did i ever miss it!!!!

anyway - i have a 10 month old ds and here is my current stash (i am constantly buying and trading them) :LOL

hug-a-bub (LOVE this one)
storgenwiege (still learning the wrap carries)
KOZY (it just came and i haven't had a chance to use it!!)
maya pouch
maya sling
solarveil pouch (great for the pool)
kkacp (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE)
the piggy sling
new native
otsbh
baby bjorn

i can't wait to get home tonite and read all the posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye all!
lorena
#73 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 01:40 PM

Oh no - another forum to feed my growing baby gear addiction.

Right now we mostly use a New Native and bjorn for my 6 mo dd.
I'm on the kozy wait list and my wallet has started begging for an adjustable pouch from kangaroo korner... Not to mention a mesh water sling for the summer.

#74 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 02:37 PM

Rayne is just a hair over a year old and is in our custom-made, maroon and gold geisha-print OHM (organicherbalmamas) sling. We love it......its 100% cotton with really light padding but sooo gorgeous!

LOVIN' this forum
#75 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 02:40 PM

Jamie here...my son is 7 months old , we used a kissasling fo the first 3 months and now we use an Ergo.

winner.jpg  homeschool.gif familybed1.gif    happily married mom to one son jammin.gif and one daughterbiggrinbounce.gif!
#76 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 02:56 PM

DS is almost 3 months old (& a hefty 15 lbs!) and we use the Maya wrap and ocassionally the Baby Bjorn carrier. I'm looking forward to trying out the Ergo's when DS is a little older. They look nice.

I'm so glad to see this new forum and even happier to see all the mamas here who wear their baby!
#77 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 03:10 PM

We have Betty, 4 weeks, in a homemade maya type sling. She likes it as long as she is sleeping, but we are still learning to use it.
#78 of 112 Old 03-22-2004, 10:11 PM

I have my 7 mo. old DD in an Equanimity Baby Mei Tai carrier. She loves it!
#79 of 112 Old 03-23-2004, 12:02 AM

I'm so glad this is here now! I won't have another baby any time in the foreseeable future, so I'm still forcing 3.5-year-old ds into the Ellaroo I just got. :LOL

Just kidding, of course. He loves it.
#80 of 112 Old 03-23-2004, 03:17 AM

I love this Forum! I have a couple of handmade slings and am considering adding a Maya Wrap to my colllection. My little guy practically lives in the sling. We still carry our 3 year old in one sometimes too if we're hiking (we just put her on our back in it) or if we're at a fair etc. I'm a big sling fan. With three kids five and under, there's no other way I could do it! It's nice to be here with all you pro-holding mamas (if that's even a word!)
#81 of 112 Old 03-23-2004, 09:42 AM

hi all!

Kieran is 7.5 weeks and we love our baby bundler (similar to hug-a-bub but not as nifty-looking) for slinging at home and our homemade maya-wrap-style sling for home & outings. He hangs with dh in a baby bjorn we inherited. We also have a new native but ds HATES it...I'm wondering if maybe it is too big.

Next I want a Kozy or an Ergo - I'm addicted!!! I can restrain myself fairly well when it comes to diapers but slings are becoming my weak spot!!

Keeping busy with 2 boys & 1 girl ('04, '06, '08)
#82 of 112 Old 03-23-2004, 07:11 PM

Grrrrr . . .eat! Now that I'm all cloth-diapered-out (DD still wears them, I just can't bring myself to talk about them anymore) a BABYWEARING BOARD!!!!

Our BW history:
B Bjorn: DD was okay with it, I returned it after one use. It hurt my back.
NoJo: Borrowed this from SIL, but it was huge. Not comfy, but DD loved the whole sling thing, so . . .
New Native: I loved the pouch idea, but didn't like that it wasn't adjustable. Very easy, though.
Maya Wrap: Always dug into my neck. I have no idea why these are so popular, but just goes to show that different people like different slings.
Baby Trekker: Comfy, DH likes it, but a pain when not in use.
KKAFP: Love this.
Mom and Me/Pea in a Pod: Rails are a bit too floppy, not as comfy for me as the KKAFP, but okay.
EllaRoo lightly padded sling: MUCH better shoulder design for me than the Maya. Padding/no open tail makes it harder to adjust, but good for a toddler.
Kozy/ABC type carrier: A friend made this for me . . .so easy to use and comfy. Much better than a sling/pouch for long walks since I feel balanced.

DD, 25 months, still likes to be carried. She also likes to walk a lot when we're out, though . . .especially at times that we'd prefer her to be carried!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#83 of 112 Old 03-23-2004, 08:39 PM

Dd is 8 months and LOVES her WAHM made sling!

Tamera hearts.gifwife to Rod moon.gif Mama to Ty jammin.gif Nathan Peace.gif Hunter bikenew.gifMila energy.gifAndrew sleepytime.gif Kyle REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif& our last baby # 7 due June 2011 1sttri.gif We homeschool.gif  nocirc.gifcd.gif  h20homebirth.gif
#84 of 112 Old 03-23-2004, 08:49 PM

ds3 is now 9 months and a big big boy

in the early months I used the old meh tai I used with my older boys but it didn't feel comfortable after he hit 10 kg (22 pounds) at 6 mos, the straps dug into my ribs

so I made a ring sling from the intructions at slingmemommy.com and now we are much more comfortable!
#85 of 112 Old 03-23-2004, 10:14 PM

I'm so excited for this new forum My collection for our 8 month old (so far :LOL ) has consisted of:

Baby Bjorn
Nojo sling: promptly burned (just kidding)
Kelty backpack:
so uncomfortable

Now for the good stuff:
Silk zolo: - in heavy use!
Mom & Me pouch: - have another on order
KKAFP: for the great outdoors
Ella Roo wrap: still practicing, very comfortable

Sold for lack of use:
Wilkinet
Girasol - fabric was too heavy for me
KKACP
2 cotton Zolos
#86 of 112 Old 03-23-2004, 11:12 PM

Lilli Faye (6 months) was happy so far in her Rosado-sling.
Now that she wants to stand stand stand (o boy!), I have to look for some other carrier....
#87 of 112 Old 03-23-2004, 11:26 PM

Well, I was a babywearer but my Maya Wrap soooo kills my shoulder. I would like to start again if I could find something the distributes the weight and if I get some $$$$$ to buy it.
#88 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 12:54 AM

Hi I love that this board started. I love to carry emma in my ergo carrier. It is the best carrier for my back because the weight is mostly on my hips. I have also tried
baby bjorn
OTSBH
NoJo
hotsling
moby wrap
#89 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 01:23 AM
Banned

i love the new babywearing forum!

i have a ring sling from equanimity baby but she got too heavy way too quickly, so i've been using our kozy carrier since she was two and a half months old. i love it and i want another one.
#90 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 02:38 AM

DS is 19 months and 28 pounds - we are still loving our Maya Wrap Sling. I am so excited to find this here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page