new forum roll call... - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 02:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I am slinging Jack, 1 month, mostly in a Taylormade treasures, and sometimes in a maya pouch.

love the new forum!
#92 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 03:53 AM

I use my homemade Kozy-like carrier, and love it. Ds is 21 months old, and 32 pounds, and it's sometimes a pain when he wants up, then down, then up.... But when he's up, I love it and he seems to really love it too, until he wants down. But at least it's easy to pack around. My 4 year old, 36 pounder has asked to be packed around on occasion also. It's like a piggy back with no hands required.

We used a baby bjorn when both boys were little and loved it. I tried the nojo sling with them periodically, and while it was better than nothing in those times, it always took me a long time to get it situated securely. We also have an Evenflo trailblazer frame backpack that dh really loves at the beach, race track... He doesn't use it often, but likes it when he does use it. It just hurts my back and it's so bulky, not snuggly at all!
#93 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 04:54 AM

Hi, I'm slinging my one and only, mostly in a Kozy carrier since I got it last month, with the Maya Wrap formerly primary as backup and a Taylormade as backup for the backup (cotton mesh, works great w/ kangaroo carry, but I have to use it rings down).

The Kozy is by far more comfy than the ring slings, but I find that in donning and doffing the straps get dirty quickly, and DD likes to chew on them...so into the wash it goes. But into the dryer, too, which is nice.

Oh, I'm rambling and should go to bed.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#94 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 12:57 PM

Hi

I love this new forum!

I love babywearing too. I have one DD, Ella who is 6.5mo old. We use a slingeasy padded ring sling and a maya wrap.

I prefer the maya wrap but Ella prefers the kangaroo carry in the slingeasy b/c she likes to suck on the padded top rail.
#95 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 01:20 PM

Hi!

Lovelovelove the new forum!

My 13mo has been slinged since birth.

We've used a NN, Maya Wrap, Ella Roo. Currently waiting for a Moby Wrap.

I'm addicted.
#96 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 01:29 PM

I am so happy there is finally a babywearing board!!!!!!!!!!

With Zane (17mo.) I usually use my NN and MW.

Did I say how happy I was about this board!
#97 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 02:39 PM

Another sling hyena, checking in!

DS is 19 months and about 26 pounds, and we have tried:

Maya Wrap - the first sling, liked when he was small but the rings dig into my neck. DH actually taught me how to use it!

New Native pouch - never got the hang of, sold it.

Baby Bundler - hated it! ds fell out because I didn't have him tied securely enough Sold it.

KK cotton sling - never use it, I should just ebay it!

Kangaroo Korner adjustable fleece pouch - love it, but not for a DC summer!

Walking Rock Farm Hip Baby - LOVE it. This is probably our #1 sling!

Ergo - tried the old style and didn't like it, but I was a lot heavier then and now that I've lost weight and gotten a new Ergo it's much better.

Kozy Carrier - I like it but it's not my all-time fave.

Vaude Swing backpack - excellent backpack. We use this for walks and trips all the time.

TaylorMade Treasures water sling - pretty good, but the rings slip.

Mom and Me Creations hemp Pea in a Pod - got a good deal on a new one on ebay but I've been saving it to be a baby present, so I haven't actually tried it! :LOL

ETA: How could I forget the First Journey by Baby Trekker? Another carrier that just wasn't for us. We called it the Octopus.

As you can tell, I'm not addicted to baby carriers. Nope, not me!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#98 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 06:42 PM

I am so excited to find this forum. I am wearing my 6 week old the most these days. Mostly using my Maya Wrap and Momma's Milk slings.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#99 of 112 Old 03-24-2004, 08:14 PM

Hi. I'm here, lol! My best carriers right now are an unpadded ring sling and a regular pouch. Mostly, my 8 month old is in them, but my 2 yr old too, especially when we are out and it is her nap time.
I make my own! I bought one from a WAHM, but hated that the fabric would dig into my neck, so I designed one that I really like, and have gotten tons of compliments on!

:bf
#100 of 112 Old 03-25-2004, 09:43 AM

Addicted to all things babywearing

I havent been to MDC in awhile but when I heard they just opened a Babywearing forum I had to scurry back over to check it out In my rotaion... you REALLY want to know?? 2 aisian carriers, 2 Baby Space APs, 2 standard pouches, 1 woven wrap, 1 pouch/wrap hybrid, 2 Podaegi... I like haveing 2 of each style so if one gets dirty I have a backup. I JUST thinned down my stash so that is smaller than normal. Just give me a month! The most used are the Baby Space APs.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#101 of 112 Old 03-25-2004, 10:52 PM

What a terrific new forum!

I have 22 month-old twins: dd is 27.5 lbs. and ds is 24 lbs. I've been toting them around since the early days.

Newborn / infants - Dh and I used Baby Bjorns a lot when out on walks, and around the house when we needed to get something done. They were extremely comfortable and the "kangaroo" position was familiar to us and babes from our NICU days. But most of the time I "wore" dd or ds literally... meaning they were lying on my bare chest nursing and/or sleeping. I don't think I got up off our couch for 6 months.

Moving on...

Around 6 months old, I bought a Maya Sling. I loved it and still use it occasionally, though the last couple of months dd and ds are liking it a lot less. I usually did/do the hip carry position and found it extremely comfortable. But dd and ds really are too wiggly now to stay in it for long these days, and do the backbreaking outward lean/dive to tell me "it's time to walk mom!!"

Toddlers...

We got 2 Kelty frame backpacks for dd and ds' 1st birthday. We use them all the time. When we go to the grocery store or out shopping, we love to put them in, though more recently it's a toss-up as to whether they'll actually prefer to ride in the shopping cart basket.

When I go grocery shopping, I used to sling one in the Maya and the other would go in the basket. Later, during a toddler wiggly phase, I used the Kelty and the other in the basket.

Most recently...

I just bought an Ergo after doing some research on MDC and peppermint.com. I love love love it. It is so comfortable, and light and portable. My only issue is a learning curve, figuring out how to get dd or ds into the back carry position all by myself. So far, I'm still sitting on the end of the bed, I'm so freaked I'm going to drop them!!

Oh, this is kind of off topic, since it's not really baby "wearing", but more baby "carrying" :LOL but the BEST thing I found for carrying my two babies to/from the car was my giant L.L. Bean canvas tote bag !!! I would put them in it, facing each other, and prop them up with a receiving blanket or two (later, they could sit by themselves). I used this until they were almost one! It was really handy and nothing was more adorable than two little heads beaming over the edge of their snug little nest!
#102 of 112 Old 03-26-2004, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TwinMommy
Oh, this is kind of off topic, since it's not really baby "wearing", but more baby "carrying" :LOL but the BEST thing I found for carrying my two babies to/from the car was my giant L.L. Bean canvas tote bag !!! I would put them in it, facing each other, and prop them up with a receiving blanket or two (later, they could sit by themselves). I used this until they were almost one! It was really handy and nothing was more adorable than two little heads beaming over the edge of their snug little nest!
That sounds SO adorable!

nak
#103 of 112 Old 03-26-2004, 12:58 AM

Hiya, I'm Wendy and I'm currently wearing my 9mo ds in my MOE simply attached. It's the only carrier/sling that he's liked (I've tried a few) and we're both very comfy in it.
#104 of 112 Old 03-26-2004, 03:45 PM

Ooooo - exciting new forum. Yay! Won't be able to stay away from here. I love baby carriers/wraps/slings and almost always want to buy each one I see. Fortunately, my limited finances keep me somewhat in check.

DS is almost 14 months and we currently use the ERGO carrier the most. I bought it hoping for something I could do housework in and also could put ds in without help. It took a little while to get confident putting him in..but now it works great. In addition to stuff around the house, we go for walks and little shopping trips in it too. I love that I can carry him for longer periods and it doesn't hurt my back or shoulders. Amazing.

We also use (and used to use a lot more) the Ultimate Baby Wrap. So comfy and easy.

Glad this is here. If/when we get pregnant again, I'm hoping to try some more slings...perhaps the maya wrap. Will do some reading here and have some fun getting some more.

J
#105 of 112 Old 03-26-2004, 04:28 PM

I'm using two at the moment. I mostly use my Baby Trekker but I also use my Kanga Sling. My Trekker is awesome! I use the Kanga mostly for nursing. I use them with my 18 month old ds.
#106 of 112 Old 03-27-2004, 12:51 PM

OMG this is NOT good---a babywearing forum...good grief. i'm doomed to buy several more slings with this forum ag

That being said--I am SO happy this is here.

We currently are using our KKAFP (it's still cool here in the NE) but I just got a moby wrap & love that too. MY DD who is 7 mo--just loves being worn.

Lola , loving my DH, Mama to & we &
#107 of 112 Old 03-27-2004, 01:07 PM

Yay for this forum!

I have a baby bjorn I haven't tried yet, dd1 didn't like it at all.

Right now dd2 is in my pea in a pod fleece pouch, and I have a maya knockoff that I made which works well for walks when she's bundled up

Jen
#108 of 112 Old 03-27-2004, 02:21 PM

I'm Melanie and right now Christian is in the Ergo carrier or the KKAFP the most.
#109 of 112 Old 03-27-2004, 04:59 PM

Ds #2 is 22 months (and heavy!) and I have just recently stopped carrying him on my front in the BabyTrekker. I now put him on my back in the Trekker, or use our MEC backpack.
#110 of 112 Old 03-27-2004, 08:48 PM

I'm April. DD is 13 months and we just switched from the KKAFP back to the trusty Maya. But we are eagerly awaiting our Kozy, hopefully next week!!!

April
Mama to and
#111 of 112 Old 03-27-2004, 10:44 PM

I'm Natasha, and I wear Taylor who is 7 months. I carried my son Caleb in a NOJO and hated the bulk. Now I use my homemade Maya's. I have about 4 that I use. I would love to have one in every color, lol.
#112 of 112 Old 03-28-2004, 01:17 AM

Hi everyone! What a great forum!

For ds who is now 3 and 31 lbs, dh carries him in a Tough Traveler backpack, that is, when he consents to be carried at all!
We used an OTSBH when he was an infant, didn't much like it but didn't know all the options!

For dd, who was a preemie and came home at 5 lbs, I used a KKFP, which worked perfectly and which we still use a lot. She is now 20 lbs tho' so I confess I don't carry her as much! We also love our Maya Wrap, and then for snowshoeing/skiing/hiking we have a Tough Traveler for her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page