Ergo or Boba? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-14-2010, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BB is 7 weeks old. I want something besides Moby to carry her in. (Although we love Moby)

Which one is nicer....or have you heard better things about?
I know nothing about baby wearing except that both DD and I love to be snuggly and close!

Learning to be a one income family. Learning to be a mama. Living with lots of heartbeat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 10:43 AM

So glad you are enjoying wearing you LO!!!

The Boba is designed for older babies/toddler 6 months and up. So that would not be a good carrier for you at this point. The Ergo might work, although you will probably need to froggie their legs (keep them tucked in) or get the infant insert. 7 weeks is kind of young to be using a SSC (buckle carrier like the Ergo and Boba). The Beco Butterfly 2 is designed for newborns and Olives & Applesauce also have an infant insert.

If you like wrapping with your Moby, have you considered getting a woven wrap? These aren't stretchy like a Moby and take a little more time getting used to. But if you enjoy wrapping, then this might be a great option since most babies outgrow stretch wraps like Mobys by 15-18 lbs. Wrapsody also has a stretch wrap that is kind of a hybrid and can be used much longer than most stretch wraps. That might be another option for you.

If you are interested in moving away from wraps though, you may want to wait a few more weeks until your LO is a little bigger before trying a SSC. You can also get a Mei Tai and some of those are easier to use with littler babies. It kind of all depends on what you are looking for.

Good luck!

Ruth, mama to 2 little monkeys and owner of Zerberts
Helping you find the perfect baby carrier! Risk Free Shopping and FREE SHIPPING!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:59 AM

We started using our Boba at 6 months of age. We love it!!! Before that, I used a mai tai (an easy DIY project if you are good with a sewing machine.)

Ergo is pretty similar. If you want an Ergo, check babysteals.com - the ergo has been showing up on sale very 6 weeks or so.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

thanks mamas, I will check on the mei tai!
I guess the boba will be a christmas present :-)

Learning to be a one income family. Learning to be a mama. Living with lots of heartbeat.gif

Old 09-17-2010, 04:34 PM

The Pikkolo and the Beco Gemini both work really well for young babies! The Pikkolo saved us.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
Old 09-17-2010, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

wear do I find woven wraps? any suggestions?

Old 01-19-2011, 03:53 PM

Go with an Ergo or a Beco, a lot better! The Boba is made for larger babies. The Beco and Ergo are meant for newborns to 40-45lbs. I had a friend who had a Boba and found it kind of cheap, the quality isn’t the best, and it kind of looked like a copy cat of an Ergo mixed with a Beco.

Baby Hawk is nice too! 

Old 01-19-2011, 04:01 PM

beco

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Old 03-06-2011, 07:25 PM

We have a Boba and I think it's great! Although I didn't have it when dd was a young infant, it's definitely recommended for older babies/toddlers. But it's very easy to put on front or back by yourself.

SAHM to my #1 little miss (9/11/09) and have been TTC since 06/10 (with 1 loss 3/12/11).We do all the usual "crunchy" things!I'm typing from my iPhone so please excuse any errors.

User Tag List