Babywearing help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 09-14-2010, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't intend on babywearing my 5 week old but, she won't let me put her down. I got a moby wrap and it works wonders! My question is, how do you accomplish anything without wearing your babies? My dd won't nap or anything without being in the wrap, it's even hard for me to shower. I love wearing her but, I need time to myself so I can shower at least.

Mom to three girls 14, 11, 9, and 1 more Girl on the way 8/8/2010!
#2 of 11 Old 09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Banned

Congrats on the new babe. My DD LOVED the moby! I used a lot of family help in the beginning. My grandma would come over to hold my dd so I could take a shower. I see you have older kids - can they be trusted to hold the baby? Another idea is to see if there are any postpartum doulas in training that will work for low or no fee (if money is an issue).
I only have one child so I can't imagine how difficult it is for you to get some time to yourself!!! Hang in there, mama.
#3 of 11 Old 09-14-2010, 01:19 PM

i always put baby in a vibrating bouncy chair in the bathroom with me. i have a see through shower curtain and would talk and/or sing to her the whole time. and it would be quick shower too. lol. good luck.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#4 of 11 Old 09-14-2010, 01:39 PM

This doesn't solve your problem in the way you wanted, but you could always put her in a water sling and shower with her.
#5 of 11 Old 09-14-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamieCole View Post
This doesn't solve your problem in the way you wanted, but you could always put her in a water sling and shower with her.
Yes, Or wait until someone can hold her for you while you take a shower...

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#6 of 11 Old 09-14-2010, 01:50 PM

a vibrating chair saved my sanity. some people swear by swings - none of my kids liked them. and with my last i was lucky that if he was swaddled tight enough, he'd lay anywhere for short periods of time while i got things done.

Married Busy Mom to DSS 01/05, DD 11/05, DSD 11/06, DD 02/07, DS 03/08 and baby on the way 11/10
#7 of 11 Old 09-14-2010, 02:17 PM

can you wrap the babe in the moby on your SO or a friend who comes over while you shower?

Melanie, SAHM to Kyley Grace (5)  Elijah Franklin (2) and Asher John (March 17th)
#8 of 11 Old 09-14-2010, 03:05 PM

A water sling, bouncy chair, a swing, and occasionally *gasp* a nap in an actual crib, were all tools that I used.

Mama to twins, my little guy, and
#9 of 11 Old 09-19-2010, 11:12 AM

Ehhh, I feel you. For showering, I would strip my babies off naked and give them bare bum time in the crib - they seemed happier that way, at least happy enough for the 10 mins it would take to shower and dress. Even if there is a minute or two of minor complaining, I'm a strong believer that you need your sanity and for me that means a daily shower.

We don't have a swing, but I imagine it would be useful for that kind of thing. We do have a bouncy seat with toys that hang which would keep DS occupied for about 5 mins at a time. DD like they play met but it's not an option for us with DS otherwise DD might accidentally stomp on him.

We also had the Symphony in Motion mobile set up on our pak and play for DD when she was small and it gave us enough time to eat dinner in peace.

Leila, mama to Eleanor (10/08) and Emmett (4/10)

Visit my blog! www.rookblog.com

#10 of 11 Old 09-19-2010, 11:32 AM

congrats! babywearing is the BEST thing i ever did for myself or DD.

if all else fails you could get or MAKE one of these http://www.bathingbuddies.com/

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#11 of 11 Old 10-25-2010, 10:30 PM

i want to second (or third?) a water sling. i also graduated to just holding her in the shower. that way we shower at the same time. washing my hair is a pain with one hand, but it works.
holding a wet baby in the shower is scary at first. if you do this, make sure one hand is NOT soapy at all times. i started with holding her on one shoulder and washing her back and legs. i forget how i'd wash her belly... at some point i started just turning her towards the water with one of her arms around my neck. when she got head control i also started putting one foot on the edge of the tub and sitting her on that leg to wash her.

Tags
Babywearing , Moby Wrap

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page