Anyone have a Rebozo or similar??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-22-2004, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking into getting a sling that is similar to the Rebozo and was wondering if anyone out there had one and what you like/dislike about it?

I've tried ring slings and pouches but didn't like either so I thought maybe I would try a tie sling. Any info would be great!!

Jaime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2004, 06:21 AM

I have a rebozo that I have only used a couple of times. I didn't like it nearly as much as my Maya Wrap. I find I need/like to re-adjust my sling alot while I'm carrying my kids, and it was very difficult to untie and re-tie the knot in the rebozo.

A friend of mine just got a very long rebozo that she wraps and ties like a didymous (over both shoulders). That way looked more convenient and comfortable than using it over only one shoulder, but she is the only person I've ever seen who uses a rebozo that way and I don't know where she got her long one.

Judy mom to Dash (9), Corbin (7) and Will (3) :
Old 03-22-2004, 03:28 PM

I have a rebozo and I use it all the time. I haven't tried ring or pouch slings though, so I can't really compare them.

I never got the hang of it when my kids were infants. The cradle carry was really akward feeling. Once they were able to sit, I loved using the hip carry. Now I carry my toddler around on my back, using the rebozo.

The rebozo is great because it's very compact - it fits in my diaper bag no problem.
It's really easy to pop a baby in and out. I keep mine pre-knotted and hanging in my kitchen, so I can tie ds on when I'm cooking or cleaning.

You do have to adjust it carefully to make sure that the knot doesn't dig into you though. My 30lber. is getting too heavy to carry in it for extended periods of time. But that's ok, because he only likes to stay in for short periods of time anyway.
When I have another baby, I do plan to try some other styles of baby carriers, but for now the rebozo works great for short periods of time.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
Old 03-23-2004, 12:17 AM

i got a rebozo b/c i didn't like the extra fabric of a ring sling. i love it. once you get the hang oftying (easy!) it is easy to do/adjust quickly & it is so versitle.

maria
Old 03-23-2004, 12:56 AM

I had a rebozo and now use an Ellaroo (like a rebozo, only much longer than most rebozos I've seen). The rebozo was okay for short walks with my older kiddo, but I never felt as though he was truly secure and the knot dug into my chest. With the Ellaroo, there's more fabric, so I can do a more secure wrap and tie the knot at my waist. It also takes his (substantial) weight off of my shoulders and puts it on my hips - much better!

The Maya Wrap was nice for when he was very little, but as he got heavier, the rings always dug into my shoulders and I had the same problem with feeling like he wasn't secure enough when I put him on my back. I also always felt like the fabric was cutting into his legs. Now, with the Ellaroo, the hold I do with him keeps the fabric from cutting.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:05 AM

See Jaime, there's another vote for my favorite EllaRoo. Have you come any closer to a decision?

Old 03-23-2004, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Pam-
I haven't come to a decision yet but this board has helped quite a bit. I'll let you know what I decide on.

User Tag List