get this boba out of my armpits! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2010, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
get this boba out of my armpits!

is it the boba or me? i can't seem to adjust the boba in the back carry without it all up in my arm pits.

i'm thinking i just need to go with a non-buckle carrier so i can tie the straps under dd's bottom so the straps stay lower.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 03:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've never used a Boba, but I wonder if you posted a pic if more of us could help troubleshoot!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:49 PM

I have the same problem with my Boba. If you loosten the waist belt that helps. I contacted the company about it because at first I wasn't pleased. They were helpful but I didn't follow through. But I have since just worked on it and gotten it to be more comfortable. if you tighten the part that is under your armpit and this loosen the one that is closest to the shoulder harness that helps. I still can't get it so just the padding is on me instead of the strap but we're working on it. Hopefully other people will have some good suggestions!

hippie.gifmom to DS 9/8/8 sleepytime.gif, married to my best friend since 10/15/05 love.gif, asl.gif,lactivist.gif, After TTC #2 for a really long time we're expecting #2 in December!  Hope to h20homebirth.gif, Doula in the Indianapolis area, PM me if you want to talk!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:47 PM

The underarm rub can happen with virtually any busckle carrier, but it's more prone if it's one that doesn't "match" your body type. I would recommend playing with the sternum strap (loosen it, tighten it, pull it up and down the runners, etc.) and see if that helps. Also maybe loosen the waist strap a bit as the previous poster said and/or playing with where the waist band sits on your waist line. Most people find that once they hit the sweet spot on the waist the shoulder straps are really just there to hold the baby in, not carry any weight, so the under arm rub doesn't bother them as much.
Hope that helps!

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

Tags
Babywearing , Soft Structured Carriers , Boba Carrier
User Tag List