Infantino balance carrier - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2010, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Besides the obvious dislike of the company some people (understandably) have, what do you think of this carrier? It seems to me a lot like an ergo/boba/ssc...Any thoughts on the good/bad/the ugly? It seems like a pretty good ssc for the price point that makes it super affordable for people who would otherwise not be able to afford a ssc....
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=4285643
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 05:23 PM

Compared to other choices on the shelf at babiesrus, it looks great. From the description, there are some nice perks like a way to tuck in loose straps, and a bib to keep your back clean from drool when backpacking.
However, it doesn't look like there's much of a headrest or hood, which I have found invaluable with my SSC. It almost looks like it dips down, so maybe anyone older than tiny newborn would not have any neck support/coverage.

Katie,  sahm to two wild and crazy guys banana.gif (8/07) and  bouncy.gif (3/10) and their sweet new baby sister baby.gif (4-1-13) 

Old 10-04-2010, 09:27 PM

In the back carry photo, the body looks REALLY short. I know that it would not have worked at all for me, since DS was a leaner.

Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06, Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09,
Go with your gut, follow your heart.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:03 PM

i saw a review on this recently on a blog ad it looks like there are some extra straps that are really akwardly placed between the shoulder straps and the waist strap. i havent seen it in person though to know for sure.

Melanie, SAHM to Kyley Grace (5)  Elijah Franklin (2) and Asher John (March 17th)
Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 PM

I wouldn't trust anything made by Infantino. I recently pulled the straps out of a Wrap & Tie--by hand. I doubt they took any more care to properly sew in the straps on the Balance than they did with teh W&T. Plus, why would anyone want to give $$ to the people who brought us the sling o' death.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
Old 10-10-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanelleB View Post
I wouldn't trust anything made by Infantino. I recently pulled the straps out of a Wrap & Tie--by hand. I doubt they took any more care to properly sew in the straps on the Balance than they did with teh W&T. Plus, why would anyone want to give $$ to the people who brought us the sling o' death.
That.

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)

Tags
Babywearing , Infantino , Soft Structured Carriers
User Tag List