Carrier suggestion? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-06-2010, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I nurse my 11 month old to sleep for naps and lately he naps best on me, in the carrier. Usually I choose my ScootaBaby to do this but once he is asleep, such as now, he feels like a big sack of potatoes pulling to one side (Scootababy is one shouldered).

My Beco Butterfly is too difficult to nurse in.
My thoughts ran to a Pikkolo or Patapum, not sure though. Ergo body seems too short and the Boba arm strap comfort concerns me.
Any SSC suggestions My son is longish, 31-32 inches and roughly 22 pounds.
#2 of 4 Old 10-06-2010, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At 22lbs, you son may be hitting the comfort limit of the Pikkolo, unless you were also going to buy the support belt. You are right about the Ergo having a shorter body, but at this point it may not be *too* short for your DS. The Boba has a taller back, it may be worth a shot. I don't have any experience with the Patapum, unfortunately.
Another toddler sized SSC you didn't mention is the Oh Snap. Like the Pikkolo, you can cross the straps in the back for a front carry. It has a tall body, but no sleeping hood. Might be worth looking at...
I hope you find something that works soon!

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#3 of 4 Old 10-08-2010, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Oh Snap might be a good one to look at since it's a toddler carrier. It should definitely last you until you are done babywearing. There are lots of other great SSC out there, but the Oh Snap has thicker padding since it is specifically designed for bigger babies/toddlers. It is a larger, bulkier carrier though, so not the best option if you want to throw it in your diaper bag. That being said, I love mine!

Ruth, mama to 2 little monkeys and owner of Zerberts
Helping you find the perfect baby carrier! Risk Free Shopping and FREE SHIPPING!
#4 of 4 Old 10-08-2010, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thank you both for all of the helpful info! I hadn't thought of the Oh Snap I even found comparison videos for the Boba, Oh Snap, Pikkolo and so on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXbds3c_Es
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvxRP...eature=related

Tags
Babywearing , Soft Structured Carriers , Beco Butterfly Ii Carrier

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page