slings vs. backpacks - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 03-23-2004, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello!
My 7 month old has been exclusivly worn in a sling since birth. She is so heavy now that I need something else for longer hikes/trips and camping.
I have heard conflicting things about frame backpacks- does anyone have relaibe info about carrying in a backpack at this age? Will occasional trips be hard on her spine? (we have a frame pack now and cannot get an ergo...)
I will still use my sling, just need another alternative for long hikes, etc.
Thanks in advance,
Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-24-2004, 12:47 AM

I really like my ergo carrier. It is a soft carrier that can be worn in the front or in the back. My dd is 9 months and loves it too. It is very comfortable and puts most of the weight on your hips and not your shoulders. Sometimes you can get a good deal on the on ebay. They are a little expensive, but well worth it.
#3 of 6 Old 03-24-2004, 04:24 AM

www.babytrekker.com

i couldnt use the sling at all because it put all the weight on one side and Ds was BIG. The baby trekker was invaluable and suddenly i was mobile again. I used it from about 4 months on, first in front and then on the back.
#4 of 6 Old 03-24-2004, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Don't discount the Asian style carriers. My Kozy is great, or there's the Equanamity Mei Tai, or the Packababy, or the Baby Back-Tie...

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#5 of 6 Old 03-24-2004, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravin
Don't discount the Asian style carriers. My Kozy is great, or there's the Equanamity Mei Tai, or the Packababy, or the Baby Back-Tie...
ITA!! We love our Kozy. Ds is 30 lbs and I can carry him easily for an hour on my back in the Kozy.
#6 of 6 Old 03-24-2004, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I second the suggestion to get an Asian style carrier! I love, love, love my Mei Tai. You can get it at www.equanimitybaby.com. It is so beautiful (I got the burgandy embroidered corduroy) and comfortable. And I find it very easy to get on my back. The straps are longer than the Kozy which I initially found a bother but now that I've discovered I can cross it under her bum and then back around to the front it is great because it provides extra lift. Check it out!

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page