Angelpack compared to other SSCs (esp for back carries) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-07-2010, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just received an Angelpack as a gift. I currently have an Ergo and am fairly happy with it. My only complaint would be back carries with the Ergo - it seems to come up a little too low on my DS's back, like he could lean out if he really wanted to. That might be due to the fact that I've only been doing back carries with him for a few weeks (he's almost 7 mo old) so I'm not super great at it - getting him and situated is still kind of awkward, esp if I don't have help.

I notice that the Angelpack seems like it would go up a lot higher on the baby's back. I also noticed that it doesn't have the safety elastic thing around the waist buckle that the Ergo has - is that unique to the Ergo or do most SSC's have it?

I'm trying to decide if I want another SSC besides my Ergo (for back carries - I'm very happy with the Ergo for the front carry), and if I do want another one, do I want it to be an Angelpack? Or should I maybe sell/trade the Angelpack and get a mei tei (a style I don't have).

Why would I want a mei tei vs a SSC for back carries?

Thanks so much!
#2 of 2 Old 10-08-2010, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think AngelPacks are great. They are a bit narrower than some carriers, but that can be nice too. They are taller than an Ergo, which I like a lot better for back carries. It's not that your kid will fall out of an Ergo or anything, I just don't like how it feels when they can lean that much, it throws me off.

Here's a picture of me wearing my DD in one when she was 18 months old, just to give you an idea of how it might fit a toddler. My DD was a pretty average toddler, not as big as some, but not small either.

Ruth, mama to 2 little monkeys and owner of Zerberts
Helping you find the perfect baby carrier! Risk Free Shopping and FREE SHIPPING!

Tags
Babywearing , Ergo Baby , Soft Structured Carriers , Beco Baby Carrier

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page