Help quick! DH is out sling/carrier shopping today!....need a.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...quick set of advice on a a new carrier for my 4 month old. She needs to be upright a lot, and on me most of the day, because she is working through some health things. I thought my Mobi would work but getting her in and out is torture. She is not patient. And when I can lay her down asleep, then it stinks getting her back in. I also have a Maya ring sling I love, but is taking a nasty toll on my back. I have a Maya pouch, an Ergo, BabyHawk and a Hotsling (yes, I'm a baby carrier junkie). The Ergo and BabyHawk seem to bother her legs, being so wide. So for the next couple months I want something that is like the moby...soft and such, but that doesnt pull her legs so wide. I know they are pricey, and that in a couple months she will live in the Ergo, but with my current back pain, and her special needs, and my chasing other kids...totally worth it.

So DH is bday shopping for me now...and he has asked for help. Any suggestions???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 03:19 PM

What about the Beco gemini? It has flaps to snap back and create a narrower seat than most SSCs, or the pikkolo..
#3 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I thought there was a Beco that could adjust to be narrower but I can't find it on their site - anyone know what I'm talking about? I think that might work for you.

edit - NM! someone already posted it

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#4 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! She would lovvvve to face out. She gets tired of banging her head on my clavical all day.
#5 of 5 Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 PM

I have a beco gemini, I love it! the crotch can be narrowed for smaller babes, and dd loves to use it facing out.
What did you end up getting? (Trying to live vicariously through other people's babywearing purchases as I SWORE not to buy any more carriers. But I only have 7. I mean, there are 7 days in a week. I can have a regular rotation...)

Kaya (29) + Laume (31) = ds Kanoa (8) and dd Zia (2)

Tags
Babywearing , Pouch Slings , Ring Slings , Soft Structured Carriers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page