Please help me love my Scootababy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-11-2010, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a Scootababy a few days ago and can't seem to enjoy it so far. My dd is 13 mths, 26 lbs. She likes to be carried on my hip a lot, but she's just too heavy for my arm anymore...which is why I got this one. I really want to love using this carrier for around the house and quick errands, I have the Boba for longer time frames. When I put her in it she seems to lean towards the front of me making her feel off balance in it and making it strain funny on my shoulder, then it's like I have to bounce her back to readjust her. She does not seem to like being in it either. I can't figure out what is wrong because without the carrier she likes to be carried on my hip, so what's the difference of with the carrier! Is there anyone experienced with using this with an older baby that can give me some advise?

SAHM to my #1 little miss (9/11/09) and have been TTC since 06/10 (with 1 loss 3/12/11).We do all the usual "crunchy" things!I'm typing from my iPhone so please excuse any errors.
#2 of 3 Old 10-13-2010, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Perhaps pull the strap tighter so she is closer to your body. Hmmm, I will try to see what I do when that happens. I am familiar, I know my son has done that too, just not sure how I usually correct it.

My other thought is to rotate her around a liitle more front or back and see if that helps.

You can also do tummy to tummy to get her used to the carrier, then slide her over to the hip, to see if that helps.
#3 of 3 Old 10-14-2010, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Okay I took note of how I respond when my son leans

1) correct his position, incidentally I find he is not quite centered over my hip but a bit more toward my belly (otherwise my hip bone would be in his groin).
2) then I pull the shoulder cup down over my shoulder more
3) then reach around to my back and give the strap a tug to shorten it, so that he is tighter to my body. For some reason I find pulling the back portion more effective than the front.

I think the reason they can lean forward in the first place, is that they are not in the carrier snugly and/or that the cup is not quite cupping the shoulder. At least these are my findings.

Tags
Babywearing , Boba Carrier , Soft Structured Carriers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page