Adjustable Pouch Carriers - zippers or snaps? - Mothering Forums
Babywearing > Adjustable Pouch Carriers - zippers or snaps?
Jennifer H's Avatar Jennifer H 11:25 PM 03-23-2004
I just saw a Kangaroo Korner Fleece Pouch in real life this weekend. It seems like what I've been looking for! I had an OTSBH with my first two and it was hot and bulky and they never felt secure to me. I also just wasn't thrilled with how it looked (yes, vain, I know!).

I checked out the website and see that they make them in twill as well (concerned that the fleece will be too hot in California - especially since this babe will be born in the summer). I also saw another pouch that is adjustable with zippers rather than snaps.

Just wondering what your experience is? Other recommendations for a pouch style sling? Do you find the fleece to be too hot? It DOES look cozy!

TIA~

campingmumma's Avatar campingmumma 11:31 PM 03-23-2004
Lets see, fleece in the summer - not for me :LOL I did use the cotton KK pouch for Neve when she was born. I used it non-stop for the first 2 -3 months - a definite lifesaver!!!

A pouch with zippers?? I've never seen one - do you have a link?
newmainer's Avatar newmainer 11:35 PM 03-23-2004
I have a fleece, windproof sling pouch from cozybabysling.com. Its' awesome- its been a total life saver in Maine this winter. I know they make regular fabric ones too, and I am pretty sure they adjust the same way. Mine has 3 zippers and a velcro tab that covers the zipper. Its really comfy.

www.cozybabysling.com

oh, and they are fabulous to work with.
luvmy3boys's Avatar luvmy3boys 02:56 AM 03-24-2004
I have a pea in a pod pouch and it...it is made of hemp. HTH
abigailvr's Avatar abigailvr 03:01 AM 03-24-2004
I find the fleece too hot in the summer in California (Silicon Valley), but the cotton KK Pouch is great in the summer as substitute. I personally prefer the look and feel of snaps to zippers. The zippers that I'e seen used on pouches have to be very large to be effective, and I feel like that makes them more bulky and less attractive.

I don't tink there is anything vain about wanting your sling to look good on you. Yo have to wear it after all!
Up