breastfeeding with a carrier - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-10-2010, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I'm just learning to babywear with my 2wo and I'm wondering what kind of clothing you use to nurse with a baby carrier? It doesn't seem like you can just pull your shirt up, so how do you do it? I have a moby, an ergo and a ring sling.

mama to my girl (b. oct. 2010), cding, cosleeping, babywearing, trying to ec.
#2 of 8 Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Banned

Congrats on the new babe!

It definitely takes some experimenting... The first few weeks I just wore a nursing bra or tank and the moby when I was home. Or put a large zip up sweatshirt or something on over to go for a walk. Then as she got older, I wore a deep V-neck and pulled my boob out the top while in the moby.

I didn't get an ergo until dd was older but also can only nurse in t by pulling down a low cut shirt...

Looking forward to hearing from others!
#3 of 8 Old 11-11-2010, 02:44 AM

I either wear a lower cut top or a button up shirt. I find it easier than pulling your shirt up anyways. Probably not great for the shirt, but oh well!

Homebirthing Mama to busy DD (2008), cuddly DS (2010) and midwife to be
#4 of 8 Old 11-11-2010, 06:33 AM

I often wear ruched shirts with a cardigan on top. That way I can half button the cardy on top and pull down the ruched top. Basically anything you can pull down or un-button and flop a booby out of is great for nursing on the go ;o

My DSD FJed my DNH and now we are getting a NFD and a PPO
#5 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 07:23 AM

As some previous posters already mentioned, a v-neck or scoop neck shirt works well so you can just pull it down a bit over one breast.

Sometimes I will wear two layers and fold one layer up prior to putting the baby carrier on if I suspect DS will be due for a feeding.

Button ups work well too.

Nothing beats nursing in a baby carrier when you're out and about, so very practical!

#6 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My babywearing 'uniform' these days is a nursing camisole (I prefer the 'side' sling, not the 'full' sling) with a wrap or cardigan sweater over it. You could throw on a long, wide lightweight scarf to offer privacy while nursing in public if you would like also.

#7 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yeah this!  I like to flop the booby out the top and then cover with a little scarf or my hand.  It was just easier than trying to pull my shirt up if she's wedged in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiago View Post

My babywearing 'uniform' these days is a nursing camisole (I prefer the 'side' sling, not the 'full' sling) with a wrap or cardigan sweater over it. You could throw on a long, wide lightweight scarf to offer privacy while nursing in public if you would like also.

#8 of 8 Old 12-08-2010, 03:19 PM

I like the v necked t shirts from Old Navy. It does take practice though to nurse in any carrier I think. I've only done this a few times in public and once I really had a hard time b/c he wasn't in the right position. I need to Google a nursing position for the Moby and see what I can try.

Tags
Babywearing , Breastfeeding , Soft Structured Carriers , Beco Baby Carrier , Boba Carrier

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page